Chapter 23

Does the description for this story show up to u guys? Cuz it doesn't for me and im like *hits blunt* bruh
--------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry." Ashton whispered.

Luke gasped in silent shock as Ashton opened the door to the principals office.

"I have something important to tell all of you." Ashton said loudly.

Luke hung his head, planning his demise.

"What is it?" Keegon asked.

"Luke-" Ashton sighed. "Luke really deserved to win this scholarship and I'm very proud of him."

Luke's head snapped up. "Excuse me? What?"

"Lucas." Aven snapped. "Don't be rude! Thank your tutor for being so helpful and kind."

Luke looked to Ashton, who was smiling but looked like he was about to cry at any second.

Luke's heart broke. He could take the credit right now, and go to whatever college he wanted. He would never have to go to that snotty rich kid boarding school.
All he had to do was say thanks.

"Thanks."

Keegon smiled proudly and put his hands on Luke's shoulders. "We didn't even know he was doing this, but that's just our Luke. Responsible, mature, and-"

"I wasn't done." Luke interrupted loudly.

He shook his dads hands off him and stepped forward. He stopped in front of Ashton, who was trying to wipe his eyes in secret.

He stooped down a little so he could be eye level with Ashton. "Thanks for being my nerd, but I love you too much to hurt you this way."

He bent Ashton's head down and kissed his hair before stepping back.

Ashton watched in stunned silence as Luke nudged the principal out of his seat. Luke pressed the on button for the intercom and tapped his finger against it to make sure it was working.

"Luke! What are you doing?" Aven hissed.

"Attention, everyone?" Luke ignored her as he spoke into the intercom. "This is Luke Hemmings, the winner of the scholarship contest. Well, not actually. You see, I kinda cheated. I haven't done my own homework since the first week of school. Ashton Irwin has been doing it all for me. He was my nerd and I paid him to do my work for me. But he did the essay all by himself and accidentally put my name on the paper instead of his own. So I'm here to set the record straight; Ashton deserves the scholarship, not me. And I'm sorry that you all were misinformed, and I'm sorry for myself since I wont be going to a college, and I'm sorry to my parents, who were proud of me for once. But mostly, I'm sorry to Ashton." Luke looked up at his fake boyfriend.

"I'm sorry I made you choose between me and this contest. I'm sorry I called you Cutie Pie. I'm sorry I made you hate me. I'm sorry about Varia. I'm sorry I was such a blunt asshole to you for so long. I'm sorry for treating you like something you didn't want to be treated like. You're not my nerd, you're my best friend."

Ashton stared at him. "Did...did you just friend zone me?"

"Luke..." Keegon said softly. "Is this true?"

Luke nodded slowly and switched off the intercom. "I'm sorry."

"Then I must expell you." The principal said. "Cheating, especially for this long, is never acceptable here at Ocean Bay."

"Understood." Luke walked back to his parents.

"Wait!" Ashton cried. "Please don't expell him! He doesn't deserve that!"

"Mr. Irwin I suggest you shut up and accept the scholarship, since I can just as easily expell you as well for doing all of Mr. Hemmings work."

After the stunt Luke had just pulled to get Ashton back his scholarship, Ashton wasn't going to just give it up. He stayed silent.

"Now," the principal faced Luke and his parents.

"Say no more." Keegon held up a hand. "We know just what to do about our sons actions."

"That's right." Aven said sternly. "We are pulling him out of Ocean Bay, effective immediately."

"And putting him into any school of his choice." Keegon finished.

"What?" Ashton and Luke gasped in shock.

"Lucas, what you did up there was honorable and brave. Very admirable and I have never been more proud of you in my life." Keegon smiled. "Im glad to call you my son."

"And I never liked public schools like this one anyways." Aven said. "Too expensive for one little brick building."

"Can...can I pick to go to a college?" Luke asked.

"Anywhere in the world." Keegon ruffled Luke's hair.

Luke faced Ashton, barely able to contain his grin. "Any idea of the college you wanted to go to?"

"Doesn't matter where, as long as it's with you." Ashton ran to Luke and wrapped his arms around the taller boys neck.

Luke made to press a kiss to Ashton's curls, but Ashton grabbed the back of Luke's head and pulled it down, connecting their lips.

"What was that for?" A dazed and happy Luke asked when they pulled back.

"You finally deserved it." Ashton smiled. "And you finally deserved something else too."

"You're virginity?" Luke prayed.

"Slow down there, you're parents are like two feet away." Ashton shook his head. "Not that yet, but you can call me Cutie Pie, if you want."

"Cutie Pie...." Luke smiled and ran his hands through Ashton's soft hair. "I like it, but I think princess suits you better."

He wrapped Ashton in a hug. "You're officially my Princess Cutie."

"Okay but, did you actually friend zone me back there?" Ashton asked.

"Well we aren't actually dating so." Luke shrugged and Ashton gaped.

"What?! This isn't how it's supposed to end! You're the douche that tries to get with me and I'm the princess that rejects you constantly until the end, and then we finally get together!" Ashton shouted. "The douche doesn't friend zone the princess!"

"Well he just did this time." Luke grinned.

Ashton fumed and stuttered, while Luke laughed. Today was turning out to be the best day of his life.

And Ashton was right, (as always). If the douche and the princess didn't end up together, then this wasn't the end.