Chameleon and Give Back My Kiss!

Adrien's p.o.v

It has almost been two months since Spots has been the temporary Ladybug and people all over Paris are loving her. And true to her word I did have a rematch with her regarding the NERF gun war along with Nino. And I am grateful she did not create an army of children this time! However, this time Alya joined Spots side along with Luka and chased after us as I was Cat noir then. In the end we still lost and Spots and her team won. I am slowly starting to think that they are playing favoritism of which hero they should help. That day was nothing but smiles and laughter and I loved it, but there seemed to be one person who was not a fan of Spots. Not one bit, and it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Lila.

Whenever the topic of Spots came up at school she would scowl and looked like she wanted to actually throw a fit. It was the middle of the week and Spots along with my alter ego were once again the topic of discussion since we defeated another akuma the other day.

"Temporary Ladybug is so cool! She is so laid back and friendly!" Nino shouts with excitement and I could not deny him since he was right.

"Yeah. There is no questioning that. Also the adults seem to love her, especially the little kids. I am starting to think she might have some experience with them since she tames them so easily." Alya says as she goes over video footage again and again as I silently agreed with her and nodded my head.

"She also seems to treat Cat noir better than the original Ladybug." Max states taking us all by surprise as we look to him not exactly expecting his input on this situation.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, the original Ladybug never treated Cat noir badly. State why you think so Max!" Marinette says defensively as she looks Max dead on for an immediate answer while I am just confused as to why he said that.

"It is clear that Cat noir has feelings for the original Ladybug, and he never once had a problem confessing his love for her. However, everytime that he confessed the original would shut him down and deny his feelings immediately. That was never wise. Imagine if he took one more heartbreak. That would be one of the people that protect Paris to become akumatized. Plus she also had no problem in treating him like dirt since it seems that in most battles she would throw him like a weapon. It is clear from the very beginning that things were very one-sided and the original was willing to do anything it took in order to get the akuma. Let us not forget some of the times that she has used Chloe as bait in order to catch the villain." Max states matter of factly as the truth comes crashing down on me.

He was not wrong. She had rejected me time and time again, breaking my heart more and more. If she would have still been Ladybug right now and continued to reject me I could only imagine what an akumatized Cat noir would be like for Paris. And not to mention when she actually threw me. That hurt more than anything. I literally felt like I was just someone disposable to her when she would do that, that she did not see me as her partner of a person even. Not to mention what she has done with Chloe. I look to my childhood friend to see her rubbing her arms and it was clear that she was not fond of those events where she was the bait while in the scenario she should have been the one protected.

"This temporary one however, from day one, when she first came in contact with an akumatized person, she did not fight them or use Chloe as bait. She analyzed the situation, comforted Chloe, and talked down our teacher so she understood exactly what she was doing. Not to mention that she made Cat noir stay back, showing that she was worried for his safety as well and she was willing to risk her well being before risking that of her partner. She is more caring than the original one. That may be why kids and adults like her more than the original. They see the temporary one treating Cat noir with respect instead of treating him like an obstacle, or even a weapon from time to time." Max states as all of us take in his words and I can see Marinette shaking a bit and I could not understand why. She has always had very good things to say about Spots, so why ask what is different now and why people prefer her.