✩28

this story takes place in january okay guys

It had been a few weeks since the incident happened and Jungwon was happy to see Damin recovering well

The school had provided her with a new dorm to stay in and although he was sad she had to leave, he promised he'd visit every day.

She managed to put the whole incident in the back of her mind and managed to get a part-time job.

She seemed fine on the outside but the complete opposite on the inside. She went to see Miss Esmeé a week ago and she advised her to stay in the loop as soon as possible.

Miss Esmeé was sure this was the work of wights but she couldn't figure out who it was.

Whoever it was, she didn't want to risk anything. She stopped Jisung and Chenle from going to school as she worried for the two teens.

Miss Esmeé said she had to hurry up and decide because they were planning to relocate their loop. Staying here is far top dangerous and they didn't want to risk anything.

Damin knew she had to decide something soon. There was only one correct decision for her to do yet she dreaded it the most.

This was the reason for her many sleepless nights as the thought of the pros and cons of leaving.

Damin woke up to someone knocking on her door frantically. She jolted awake and hurried to the door. To her surprise, it was Jungwon.

"It's snowing outside, let's go play!" he beamed excitedly.

This was not how she planned her Saturday. She let out a groan. "It's 8 AM on a Saturday, Jungwon,"

"Pleasee?" he whined like a kid. He'd already gotten ready with all his winter coat and gloves.

"Fine," she rolled her eyes, but he knew she was excited about it and he wasn't wrong either.

"You're not wearing a coat? It's freezing outside," Jungwon asked as they both exited the dorm.

All Damin was wearing was a sweatshirt and track pants. Clearly not appropriate for the freezing weather.

She just held up a finger and a small flame danced on it. Over these past few weeks, Damin had learned to master her peculiarity, to be prepared for anything else that came in her way.

Now, it all came so naturally to her, making it easy for her to use whenever she needed.

When they reached the school's football field, Jungwon intertwined their hands and ran towards the snow, an excited shriek escaping his lips when he touched the snow.

Damin grinned at his thrillness, finding it rather cute. He looked like an excited kid who'd never seen snow before.

I love you, Yang Jungwon.