He suggested they make snowman and see who's one was better, but halfway through, she threw a small snowball which erupted in a major snowball fight.

Laughter and giggles resonated throughout the field as they tossed snowballs at each other.

It was preferably hard for Damin since she kept accidentally melting them with fire, but when she tossed them, her aim was almost perfect because of the telekinesis.

"Hey, you're cheating!" he accused.

"No, I'm not!" she defended herself.

"Your aim is perfect only because of that!" he pouted.

"I can't help it," she snickered at his reaction. She shrugged and sarcastically said, "It's a peculiar thing, you wouldn't know,"

Jungwon scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Wow, how could you,"

The two then looked at each other before bursting in laughter. They didn't know what was so funny but that's what made it even funnier.

"Your cheeks are really red, should we go back in?" Damin asked after a good 20 minutes of laughing.

"But I wanna play more,"

"Jungwon, you look like you're freezing your ass off," she chucked. "Here, give me your hand,"

She intertwined their hands and within a few seconds, his hands weren't freezing anymore. It was here that they would both learn a very valuable lesson in life. You never know the true meaning of a moment until it becomes a memory.

"I wish I had a peculiarity like you," he sighed.

"It's not easy. In fact, you should be lucky you don't," acknowledged Damin.

"You don't like having it?" He quirked his head sideways.

"I do but sometimes I wish I didn't have it. I wanna be a normal teen, who doesn't have to worry about whether I'm risking someone else's life or not," she voiced out, averting her gaze to the white ground.

"I am thankful for it though, without it I'd probably be dead by now," She let out a humorous laugh.

"Oh," he muttered. He didn't think she felt this way about her peculiarity.

Personally, he found her peculiarity very fascinating and captivating, but he knew it wasn't easy dealing with the problems that come with it.

There was a few minutes of silence as they both sat there. Being there with Jungwon and spending time with him made her realize that she never wanted to be a danger to him, intentionally or unintentionally.

She needed to be here to protect him. But it never occurred to her that maybe she really was the one at fault.

After all, the one who sent those men wanted her, not him. He shouldn't have to come in-between and risk anything to himself. Especially his life. His life was the most precious to her.

This was her fight and she should deal it with herself, and herself only. It might seem selfish but she really kept thinking about Jungwon's safety.

"I wish I could just leave so anything else doesn't happen," she muttered to herself.

"Yah, you better not leave," Jungwon threatened after hearing her, but deep down he was terrified. He knew he couldn't live without her. He loved her too much and he couldn't lose her.

"Don't worry, I won't," she answered, unsurely. Her answer did not convince Jungwon at all.

He held up a pinky. "Promise?"

She connected their pinkies. "Promise,"

I'm sorry, Jungwon.

She said she would never forgive herself if anything else happens to him, but it would absolutely break her knowing she was the cause of it.

No, she couldn't go through that again. Seeing Jungwon getting hurt and all that because of her.

There was only one right decision and it was to leave. The sooner she left, the safer it would be for Jungwon.

She loved him too much but she had to let him go.

💔💔💔

💔💔💔