✩27

Damin let a relieved exhale as she sipped the hot chocolate Jungwon made for her

Damin let a relieved exhale as she sipped the hot chocolate Jungwon made for her. She was beyond tired after what happened today, but she just couldn't seem to sleep.

Every time she closed her eyes, memories of today's events flooded her mind. So she opted to just stay awake despite her tiredness. She silently sat there when she remembered Miss Esmeé's words.

"You should consider staying here,"

She was starting to rethink her decisions. She couldn't stay here for long, she had to go. But she couldn't leave Jungwon.

What if he got herself hurt because of her? What if he gets taken because of her? She had to be here to protect him. She would never forgive if anything else happened to him.

"Do you think she's alright?" Jungwon asked his friends worriedly. He hadn't gotten a chance to tell his friends about what happened as he was by Damin's side, too anxious to even leave her alone for more than a minute.

It was late, probably past midnight, and he resorted to telling his friends to come over instead. He didn't think it'd be safe for her to be out, not yet.

"She's probably traumatized for life," replied Jake.

"I find it very odd how perfect the timing was," Heeseung spoke up earning their attention. He'd been quiet for a while, and that only meant he was trying to figure out something. "I mean, unless they've been following her for a while now, which I doubt, there has to be a mole,"

"Someone from school?" Sunoo asked.

"It could be anyone," Jungwon furrowed his eyebrows. "She told me she'd seen those men in the mall yesterday,"

"Could they have followed her from here? Because how would they know she'd be in the mall," questioned Jay.

"Exactly. They knew she was staying here in the meantime," concluded Heeseung. "And that could explain them knowing about the trip and going to the toilet. It has to be someone from school."

"The teachers?" Riki asked, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Even though those four are dead, the person who sent them is still out there,"

The seven boys stayed silent, thinking about how one or more of their own teachers were wights. Cold, blood murderers who preyed on kids. The one who sent those men after Damin.

It wasn't impossible nor was it unlikely. A school would be the perfect place for powers to find new peculiars.

"We'll have to inform Jisung about this," Jungwon commented.

"I'll do it," said Heeseung. "If you do it, they'll suspect something since you have nothing to do with him. They won't suspect me because he's in my class."

✩✩✩

"You should sleep," advised Jungwon, sitting beside her on the bed. His friends had left almost 2 hours ago but she still hasn't slept a wink.

She stayed quiet.

"I'm here, Damin," He said softly, holding her hand. "I won't let anything to you as long as I'm alive,

She felt her eyes well up and looked away. "I'm just sorry you got hurt because of me,"

"No, it's not your fault. I got hurt because of my own decision. I chose to try and help you and it's because I care about you," He wiped the stray tear that rolled down her cheek.

It hurt him to see Damin this way. When she was being taken away, he felt like his whole world was about to collapse. And he tried everything he could to try and save her. It ached him to just watch. It ached him knowing he couldn't do anything.

He couldn't lose her or he'd lose himself.

"If you don't sleep then I won't," he gave up.

Damin internally debated with herself. She could stay up all night long but she knew Jungwon wouldn't last long. She knew he was really persistent and stubborn in his own way so he'd probably stay true to his words.

"Fine," she gave in. "But can you... sleep here too?"

"Of course," He smiled softly and lied down. Jungwon was more than relieved when she fell asleep almost immediately.

He softly caressed her hair and sighed. She's been through too much. He wished he could take away all of her pain. He would do anything for her to forget all that happened and be happy again.

He leaned in and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "I hope you won't lose your smile after this, Damin,"

 "I hope you won't lose your smile after this, Damin,"

short chapter sorry :((