"Give them time..." Mom jumped into the conversation. "I am so proud of you," she confessed. "You had unknowingly brought them together. Helped him to think from her mother's view. I wish I would have been able to do the same years back." Her eyes locked with my father, a regret crossing her spirit. Their eyes locked with one another and I took it as a clue to brush away from them.

My mind wandered to their painful past. I hadn't forced them to voice their past yet I had glimpsed the tension more visible after Ehaan's past was mentioned before them. Dad had attempted to have a decent conversation with Ehaan after it. Mom often called him to have dinner with us and as Ehaan mentioned on that night. He was offered a home, his very much own family.

I sat on the Scotty, my dad had gifted me on my eighteen birthday. And after it, Ehaan had made it a mission to teach me the vehicle. I was shivering in fear as I first grabbed the handle, squeezing my eyes shut whenever the vehicle won't halt as a small puppy crossed the street. He was my saviour, chuckling at my failed attempt but also saving both of our life.

Every ride I had without him would remind me of him. He had made such an impact in my life that if I even roam in my school hallway, I would miss him every second passed during the school hours. My home wasn't any better! Each space, each corner had some memory linked to him.

I parked my Scotty just beside his bike. His mother had gifted him that beautiful piece of metal after he hadn't argued with her about the university. Though she wanted him to end up in London but he was adamant not to come in her words. Eventually, they both had settled that maybe not in London but he would take the same degree in our very own city. Even after my frequent urges about how incredible that bike was, he was stubborn to not even seat on it. I shook my head turning to glance at the beautiful piece of architecture.

With a huge smile played on my lip as I entered his house. The huge mansion no longer seemed intimidating. My frequent visit had ended up making me memorize the jumbled path the mansion was rewarded with. As I knocked on the wooden, enlarged door twice. The door was opened a minute later. The staff member seemed to have a gloomy mood but on having a glance at me she sighed in relief.

"Where have you been?" She shook her head. "He had started showing his tantrum." Muttered the housekeeper, siding away so I could enter.

"Who is it?" I heard a familiar, rough mixed with exhaustion, shaking tone. I turned in the direction as I entered the mansion.

"Granny!" My eyes shone in delight. The most beautiful creature I ever met. She had a slight smile on her drained face, sitting in her wheelchair.

I rushed in her direction, kneeling before her. Grabbing her hands in mine. "How are you doing?" I questioned, seeing her face growing pale. She was showing signs of her illness each time she visited us. Her hair growing whiter, her face showing more wrinkles and her features shaking a little more. "Why does it take you so long to visit us?" I scolded her. It was twice a year she visited us. Once on her birthday and next on Ehaan's. She hardly had any conversation with Ehaan's mother or sister. It took me days to realise it was due to their behaviour towards Ehaan.

I hadn't met his sister often but she seemed a kind creature yet it didn't claim that she would share a good relationship with Ehaan. The only problem was she understood their mother far better than Ehaan and it triggered him, as she often supported her over him. According to me, I couldn't blame her sister as Ehaan was much more difficult to understand and his less vocal attitude made it impossible.

A talk with her sister had made things clear to me. According to her narration, Ehaan's mom was left alone to deal with two growing children, seven-year-old daughter with six-month baby boy. Drishti was big enough to understand her mother changing behaviour towards them. From a caring, over-protective mother to dominating, demanding one. And she had clearly managed to justify her action. I was stunned to find her so mature at such a small age or maybe it took her years of analysation to understand her. She claimed her dominating reaction was an act to control her surrounding. On discovery that her husband had left her at such a tender age, she was forced to have control and not only financially but emotionally as well. She had forced herself to act dominated towards her kids because it was the only way that provided her with protection. She was in control so none would be allowed to leave her. It wasn't an ideal way to safeguard oneself from harm but it seemed a suitable option.