XXXI

| Space Song / Beach House |

[ Y/n ]

I think I passed my finals... That packet Finn gave us was actually pretty helpful. Finn seemed kinda sad to be saying bye to the class.

He's taking this summer off, he usually teaches summer courses too.

It was a casual day. People were talking to each other or to him, leaving whenever they wanted really. Finn likes his students. You can really tell.

He was talking to some guys and it looked more like they were friends instead of teacher and students. Some of the girls had tried to talk to him but eventually got bored and waited for the conversation to finish.

Lily texted me and I read over the text. A small smile poked at my face before I got up and walked over to Finn.

"Professor, I'm going to go."

He smiled at me and nodded.

"Yeah, I'll see yo- you around campus next year?"

I stared at him and he laughed nervously.

"Maybe."

"Bye Ms. Y/l/n."

"Bye Professor."

"It was a pleasure meeting you."

I smiled and mumbled a little 'same' before turning and leaving the class. I leaned against the wall outside and couldn't contain my smile as I texted Lily I was leaving the class.

. . .

"Look." She held up her phone for Timothée and I to see her finals scores. "Oh wow! Good job Lily!" I took the phone and looked at all her high scores.

For someone who doesn't study she did really well.

"Great job babe." Timothée gave her a kiss and I passed her phone back. The barista brought us our stuff and we thanked her.

"So, Y/n. What are you and your boyfriend going to do over the summer?" Lily rested her head on her hands and looked at me.

I grabbed my food and shrugged. "We haven't really talked about it. He took the summer off so we might go somewhere."

"Well you already went to Paris." Lily mumbled as she sipped her drink.

"There's other places to travel to. We might go visit his parents again."

"You've met his parents?! What are they like?!" Lily l screamed for the entire cafe to hear.

"SHHHH! Lily shut the fuck up."

Timothée was busy eating the cake he had ordered but seemed interested as well.

"They're really sweet. I really like them. His dad is really funny."

"Didn't he have a brother or something too? It was on the staff page or something-"

Lily smacked Timothée and I nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah he had a brother, Nick. He was really funny and nice too. He died a few months ago so."

Timothée mumbled a sorry and continued eating his cake.

"What if you introduced him to your parents?" Lily broke the silence.

"That's a pretty good idea actually. I haven't seen them in forever."

. . .

Finn and I left the elevator hand in hand when we bumped into a familiar face. "Cece?! Where have you been! I missed you!" Finn hugged her and she sighed.

"My daughter had a baby. The most precious little thing. Look." She held up her phone and there was an adorable baby boy.

"What's his name?" Finn beamed.

"This little angel is Nick."

I looked over at Finn who stared at the photo. His smile now absent but tears present. "Oh dear, what happened?"

Cece reached up and touched Finn's face.

He grabbed her hand and smiled softly.

"He's going to love you." Finn whispered.

. . .

Finn and I sat at the dinner table together planning what to do this summer. He said he really wanted to travel so we're going to see both of our parents and then we're going to the beach.

"Are you gonna miss being a teacher for a few months?"

"I can always teach you some stuff." He mumbled as he scrolled through plane tickets.

"Like what?" I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back in my chair.

"How to 69. I don't know, whatever you want to learn."

"Finn."

He had a mischievous grin on his face and tried to hold in his laughs.

I shook my head and took his phone.

"Hey. If we get them now they're cheap."

I went back to his homescreen and gasped.

"You-"

Finn had a photo of me I never knew he had taken. I mean I look good but... How did I never notice.

Finn took his phone back and I could see the blush on his cheeks. "Finnie! Awww!" I got up and grabbed his face, kissing him all over.

Finn whined and set his phone down.

I stopped and looked down at him.

"My glasses."

I adjusted them for him and leaned in, connecting our lips.

Finn wrapped his arms around my hips and we kissed for a long moment before I pulled away.

"Ok. Book the tickets, Finno."

Next chapter is the last chapter guys ❤️