XVII

| Advice / Alex G |

[ Y/n ]

I opened the door to Finn's room and looked at the mess it had become. I frowned and carried the food into his room. "Finn..."

I sat on his bed and set the tray down. Finn didn't move and I put a hand on his arm. "Finn." He shook his head and I stood up, walking over to the other side of the bed.

I crouched down and brushed some of Finn's hair out of his face. He stared at me and I bit my lip. "I made food. And then I'm going to help you shower... And we're going to get back up. Ok?"

Finn shook his head and I nodded.

"Come on. You haven't been in school for two weeks."

I got back in bed and pulled Finn up. He sat there and stared at the wall. I picked up the bowl of soup and got a spoonful. "It's tomato soup." I whispered.

Finn looked down at me and I offered him the soup.

He took it and started eating. At first he was slow but he started eating more and more. I could tell he hasn't eaten in days.

He grabbed the bread and crackers and shoveled it all into his mouth.

I watched as he scarfed everything down until he had finished.

Finn looked up at me and I put a hand on his cheek.

"Thank you." He whispered.

I smiled and nodded, putting a hand on his cheek. "Come on... Let's shower."

Finn was reluctant to but eventually I pulled him into the bathroom. I noticed that his fingers were ripped up, his cuticles torn off completely, leaving bloody cuts all over his fingers. His nails chewed down till they were irritated.

I frowned and sat him down on the toilet. I turned the shower on and started looking in the cabinets. I found a disinfectant and some cotton balls shoved in a basket in the back.

I pulled them out and stood up, looking back at Finn.

"You hands." I asked. He held them out and I dumped the disinfect on the cotton. "It's going to sting." I warned. I started lightly dabbing his finger and bit my lip.

When I looked up I noticed Finn hadn't winced at all. His face stayed the exact same.

I watched him as I continued cleaning his fingers, watching for any emotion.

Nothing.

I finished and threw the dirty cotton balls away. Finn stood up and started to undress himself. He stepped into the shower and I swallowed hard. I don't even know if he wants me here.

I finished cleaning up some things in the bathroom and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?"

I froze and looked down at my hand outstretched for the doorknob. "I thought... You might want to be alone?" I turned and Finn stared at me.