chapter six

remember to follow our tiktok - passionfruitkiwii

-------

two weeks later

It's been three weeks since I've seen Harry.

I've been going to the club pretty regularly, the same with Athena and Val. We all have gotten pretty comfortable being there and they both love the actual stripping part of it. I'm still getting used to it and I haven't done any rooms yet, only one stage set but I was proud of myself for that. It was actually pretty fun, plus I made one hundred dollars off of it.

I usually just go to watch Val and Athena dance, and then we hang out and drink for the rest of the night. We can each get one free drink everytime we clock in and I mean free alcohol is free alcohol, so we are there pretty often.

But when I'm there, I constantly find myself searching the room for Harry or wondering where he is. In the last few weeks, I haven't seen him at all. Even on the nights I'm not there, Val and Athena most likely are and they haven't seen him either. I have no idea if he works there, if he's just a regular, or maybe his girlfriend works there. For all I know, his mom could work there or something.

It bothers me that I haven't seen him and I know I shouldn't care as much as I do, but I've always worried about others and if they're okay. It's just who I am and I've accepted that, and it's not a bad thing to care.

Val, Athena, and I are currently in the locker room getting ready to work tonight. I'm wearing the black dress that I picked out a few weeks ago and the same heels I got that day. Val did a cute eyeshadow look on me since we had a few extra minutes before leaving the house - it's a faded rainbow with little clouds hovering over it.

"How much longer until you guys are gonna be done? You've been here for a while." A girl who seems to be in her late twenties walks over to us smacking on her gum and rolling her eyes. My eyebrows furrow in response. I hate people who are rude for no reason. It takes so little energy to just be nice.

"I guess that's our queue to leave then." I turn to Val and Athena and we gather our stuff, shoving it all into one bag and heading towards the lockers.

"That was so fucking rude of her. We can't just let her talk to us like that." Athena is quick to start walking towards the girl but I stop her before we get ourselves in some sort of problem. Being enemies with someone here is the last thing we need.

We put our stuff in our lockers and start walking towards the door leading us to the main area of the club. Walking in these heels is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done and it's not even embarrassing when I trip and fall anymore. It happens that often. Within these past few weeks, I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for all of the strippers that have been doing this for years. It's incredibly hard and it takes so much time and dedication. I have no idea how they do it.

Val has on a small yellow bikini and the same heels I have on while Athena is wearing a green thing. I don't know if I would categorize what she has on as clothing, it looks more like a harness you would wear when bungee jumping. There is no way that's comfortable, that's like the equivalent of putting a piece of floss up your ass.

Other than Gabby and that waitress, we haven't met anybody who's nice. Most of the girls stay in their own lane and focus on themselves, which is good but it makes it hard to make friends. And then anyone who is willing to talk to you is just rude like the one girl who just told us to move.

We walk through the club and Val and Athena check in with the DJ to put their names on the stage list while I go grab drinks for us. I think this is the best job I've ever had in terms of benefits. I mean, free alcohol? Fuck yes.