Thirty-Two (32) - Family

Start from the beginning

"I'm guessin' this drawer will be full of that idiot's letters." Y/n said.
___________________________________

- 2 days later -

It's already late at night but the young h/c lady is still awake.

Y/n's in the dining room and enjoying the chamomile tea that she made for herself. She couldn't sleep, so she have thought of having tea to relax herself.

The lit up candle placed in the center of the dining table gave light to her dark surroundings. Y/n quietly stared at the candle, her mind and thoughts flying somewhere else. The h/c lady watched how the small fire of the candle moved and how it's wax melts.

"Y/n...?"

"Ah!" Y/n almost jumped out of shock when someone called her name, she looked back and was a little surprised to see Historia. "Historia..." The h/c lady stared at her best friend, Y/n can see and feel the changes on Historia.

The blond-girl have become gloomy and quiet ever since Ymir left her.

"Can't sleep?" Historia asked.

She walked towards the kitchen and started making tea for herself. Their kitchen is just open and close to the dining room so Y/n can see Historia.

"Yeah...how about you?" Y/n asked.

"I was asleep, but I suddenly woke up." Historia said.

The blond-girl finished making her tea, she brought her chamomile tea and made her way to dining area. Historia put her tea down on the dining table, she sat on the other center chair just across from Y/n.

Silence reigned between the two ladies for a while. Both of them feeling awkward and doesn't know what to say. Y/n feels guilty for being so harsh on Historia during their mission to retrieve Ymir, while Historia feels guilty for Ymir because Ymir hurt Y/n and betrayed them.

"I'm sorry..."

Historia was taken aback when Y/n suddenly apologized. She looked at the h/c lady. "W...what? W-why...?"

Y/n pursued her lips, she scratched the back of her head and looked away. "For being harsh to you...I wasn't really in myself that time. The only thing on my mind during that time was to get Eren back and that all of us will be able to come back alive. I'm sorry for making you choose between us and Ymir, for threatening you and for trying to hurt Ymir...I was being a bitch. I'm sorry, Historia." Y/n said.

Historia wasn't able to say anything, she just stared at the h/c lady with her blue-eyes a little wide and mouth slightly opened. "You must've been offended and even felt betrayed when I didn't listen to you nor take yours and Ymir's side. I admit it, I'm the one who's wrong. I know explaining won't change anything, but at least let me apologize to yoy. It's fine if you have any grudge against me. I understand."

Historia sadly smiled. She looked down and nod. "I understand, Y/n...
I'm sorry, too. I know I have my wrongs, too. And I don't have any grudge against you nor anyone here."

Y/n stared at Historia, she didn't say anything anymore when she saw the blond-lady is about to cry. "Y/n, don't you miss Ymir?" Historia asked.

Y/n looked at the candle, her eyes became glossy upon remembering Ymir. Though the h/c lady frowned. "Of course, I do. But I can't help but still feel hurt about her decision...she could've just become selfish and chose to stay with us instead." Y/n said.

Historia nod in agreement. She picked up her teacup then sipped on her tea to hide her now trembling lips and secretly wiped her falling tears.

"You know what, Historia? Ymir reminds me of this candle." Y/n said.