chapter ten

real life

"come on! i wanna ride everything!" lili runs into the park like a little kid, pulling chris with her. she looks up to see a very tall roller coaster.

chris begins shaking his head. "uh uh. that thing is like a million miles high."

"matt?" lilith let's go off chris' hand and stands in front of matt. he shrugs his shoulders. nick nods.

"let's go bitch." nick starts walking to the line.

"are you guys really not going to ride it?" lilith looks at them. "it's the first ride, and you're chickening out?"

"i'll go, too. i guess." matthew follows after nicolas as lilith stands in front of christopher.

"please." she looks up at him. "i'll ride anything you want me to."

chris peers at her sideways, his head going to the gutter immediately. "ayo?"

"you know what i mean." she slaps his arm. "never mind. you can stand down here and watch us ride it."

lilith begins walking away before chris grabs her hand and walks with her. she smiles over at him as then gets in line beside nick and matt.

"you actually convinced him?" nicolas raises his eyebrows.

"down bad". matt mutters under his breath. chris slaps the back of his head.

"shut the hell up."

as they get closer, there are two seats in a row.

"you're riding beside me, right?" christopher looks at lilith, who nods.

"yeah, of course." she turns towards him. "i'll even hold your hand if you get scared."

chris laughs and steps onto his side, sitting down and pulling the protector thing down over his chest. lilith does the same and watches as chris checks hers. she smiles at the gesture and grabs chris' hand.

"you scared?" he asks her, having to lean forward to see her.

"no. but i know that you are." lilith attempts to look back at nick and matt, but can't see them.

"please do not try to get out at any time of the ride, once you return to this area, the seatbelts will release and you will be able to step out to your left. enjoy the ride and try not to puke. it'll only make the people behind you angry. have fun." the announcer says and the roller coaster takes off.

lilith feels christopher's grip tighten on her hand as they round the first loop. lilith screams of joy and hears matt scream in fear behind her, making her laugh quickly because of the adrenaline rushing through her.

the coaster goes upside down again, making chris tighten his grip on lili's hand. he realizes he might be hurting her, so he loosens it up some, but when they take a big drop, he tightens it right back.

when the ride comes to a stop, lilith looks over to see chris white as a ghost. she frowns slightly as they exit the ride together.

"i'm sorry." she says as they walk down the stairs.

"for what?" christopher's breathing is heavy.

"making you ride the roller coaster. i won't make you ride anything else." she scratches the side of her face. chris stops walking and pulls her to the side.

"hey, i had fun. even if i almost shit my pants every time we went upside down." chris makes her feel better as she laughs, walking alongside him until they meet up with matt and nick.