Orchid

Fay was too tired to deal with Freddie,
"I was out with a friend..okay? Why do you have to be all up in my business?"
Freddie angrily grabbed her arm,
"You are literally my only friend, don't you even care about me?" He whimpered.
Shocked by the sudden gesture Fay stepped back,
"Freddie, I-I didn't mean it like that.."
Freddie stomped his foot and pushed her,
"No! You did mean it like that.. you don't care, do you?!"
She felt a sense of fakeness in his voice.
"Freddie.." Fay argued, "are you..acting?"
Suddenly Freddie shot up and his whole expression changed from guilt and sadness to complete nothingness.
"So, you figured me out. You better tell me what happened last night or something bad will happened to that Charlie guy."
She froze.
"How- How do you know about Charlie? I never mentioned Charlie-"
Freddie interrupted, "Exactly, I know even what you don't know and what I do know is that you like him, a lot. So if you want to keep him you gotta stay friends with me." Then Freddie went back to his normal cheery smile and skipped off.
Fay stumbled, "W-What are you implying?"
"Uh oh- oops gotta go! See you later bestie!" And Freddie skipped off.
-December 15th, 2017.
Sitting on her bed, kicking her legs up and down, Fay was reading a magazine while calling Charlie. She had learnt to deal with Freddie and learnt that his small, annoying, childish self would never be able to even lay a hand on 6'0 muscly athlete Charlie. She almost laughed at the thought of 5'5 Freddie having a go at him, so she knew they were both safe and that Freddie was just jealous. Fay was talking about all the new fashion trends while Charlie laughed and then she rolled over.
"I miss you so much now that it's Christmas Break." She sighed.
Charlie snickered, "Fay, it's the first day of Christmas break, you're so clingy."
they both talked about how much they missed each other and cackled at how cheesy their life was, as if it was some cheesy romance from 2014 on wattpad. Then Fay rolled over again by accident and caught two eyes in the dark by her window that suddenly disappeared, she stopped talking.
Charlie surprisingly said,
"Again? Did you see the eyes again?"
Fay hesitated,
"No..yeah. It's good though, I really need to stop staying up so late chatting with you laughing at magazines." She chuckled.
"I love you." Charlie cried loudly.
"I love you too."
Peer out the window as the eyes suddenly look down then walk away, and suddenly it's morning.
It's a Saturday so Fay just goes outside to chat with Freddie in the flower field.
"Dude I saw the eyes again."
"Again?!" Freddie proclaimed. "You need to get yourself some security cameras.."
Fay stopped, "no, but it follows me! I saw the same thing in French just a week after Amelia... just a week after."
Freddie paused. "What If it's some paranormal thing?" He questioned, which made Fay laugh.
"You're so silly. That's what I love about you." She got up and grabbed his hand.
"C'mon, I want you to tell me more about the flowers down there, I need more to write in my notebook."
Freddie tilted his head while dusting his knees off as he got up. "Notebook? Since when? If I knew that you would've had SOOO many more notes."
Fay laughed at his jokes and ran along.
They both eventually stopped at orchids.
Freddie rambled on for hours about the little facts about orchids, each word being scribbled down by a very observant Fay. She took every word very seriously and wasn't going to be stopping writing any time soon. Eventually the sun started to set and Fay had many pages about Orchids, Calendulas, Sunflowers and of course, baby's breaths.
Staring at the baby's breaths, She picked some up for herself and smelt them, it was a very dull scent but it still filled her with joy.
"Oh?" Freddie leaned forward from where he was sitting.
"Why do you seem so happy?"
Fay sighed and closed her eyes, laying down on the grass, putting the small flower into her hair.
"Charlie." She smiled and turned around to Freddie with her arms wrapped around her chest.
Freddie gasped, "THE FRENCH DUDE?! NO WAY - I KNEW YOU CARED ABOUT HIM BUT YOU GUYS ARE LIKE.. A THING?" he seemed really genuine that time, so Fay hadn't a care in the world about the fact that he knew. Fay began,
"I love him. We kissed when we were out at the carnival."
Freddie gasped again and put his hand on his mouth,
"GIRLLL~ why didn't you sayyy? I have so many more jokes to make now, c'mon, tell me ALL about it."
Freddie seemed so intrigued and that made Fay so happy and she started to feel something weird. Did she like Freddie? No.. Freddie is more like a little brother to her, she couldn't! She assured herself, but there was still something making her feel weird, and she wasn't sure if it was love.