Special Chapter: Irodori Festival Part III

Start from the beginning

He smirked as an idea popped up in his mind as he saw the Statue of Her Excellency placed near them.

Unlike Ei, Ichiro saw how devoted Sara was and how she placed Ei on such a high pedestal.

He tapped Ei's shoulder as she turned around. "The traveller is over there if you want to greet them. From what Miko told me, you two are close?" Ichiro pointed at the four of them.

"Very well. It has been a while since I had last seen them." Ei nodded as the two walked towards them, and Ichiro with grin.

As Sara was going on and on about the statue, Ruichiro caught sight of Ichiro and Ei walking towards them behind Sara.

Ruichiro tried to suppress a smile and stifle his laugh which caught Paimon and Lumine's attention. When they followed his line of sight, their eyes widened.

They saw Ei with a curious expression while Ichiro was behind her looking at them with a shit eating grin.

"Sara... Sara!" Paimon tried to cut her off to save her the embarrassment but she didn't seem to get the message.

"Hmm? What's wrong? These are the five principles of maintenance of the "Statue of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder," and I haven't even finished explaining the first one..." Sara asked obliviously. (A/N: It's such a long name for a figurine, I swear...)

"My, what a dedicated fan girl." Ichiro teased as Sara turned around with wide eyes, horrified of the grave she just dug herself in.

"I never knew there was such a fuss about these figurines..." Ei chuckled. "I'm surprised Miko never mentioned it to me." Ei smiled softly as she inspected the small statue.

"Y-You're Excellencies?! This is most unexpected..." Sara exclaimed as she tried to recover from her shock.

"We had some spare time and decided to take a stroll around the city." Ichiro said with a grin as he saw that Ei was too busy looking at the statue to answer.

"Did you buy this figurine yourself?" Ei asked her.

"I... it's... it was..." Sara stuttered out, trying to find a way out of the situation.

"It was her!" She exclaimed in a panic and pointed at Lumine. She was too terrified of Ichiro to blame Ruichiro.

"Hey, what-"

"Yep, it was me." Lumine told them, kind enough to save Sara from dying of embarrassment.

Ichiro raised an eyebrow at them. As he opened his mouth to tease them, he caught Ruichiro's eyes that was glaring right at him, threatening him not to say a word about it. Ichiro rolled his eyes as he huffed in annoyance.

"Oh, I didn't know you liked little trinkets like these, traveller." Ei told her with a soft smile.

"Your Excellencies... I've yet to finish the defense arrangements for the Irodori Festival. Please excuse me." Sara said as she desperately wanted to get away from the situation.

"Very well. Thank you." Ei told her as Sara leaves, with her head lowered.

As she passed by Ichiro, she saw him staring right back at her with a teasing smirk. Her face turned even more red that it put Diluc's hair to shame.

Ichiro and Ruichiro then left Lumine and Paimon with Ei as they caught up with trivial matters.

"Did you enjoy your time with the traveller?" Ichiro asked as Ruichiro nodded.

"Yeah, I also met a ninja from the Shuumatsuban today. Her name was Sayu and she was absolutely adorable." Ruichiro mused as he remembered the small ninja, wanting the just hug her tightly and never let go.