Chapter 2

Ichiro was still worrying about something he can't rush.

Ichiro was pacing back and forth in his cabin as he occasionally glanced at the opened letter in the desk.

It had been a couple hours after they had set sail and the sun had now set.

As he paced back and forth, deep in thought, his door suddenly bursted open making him flinch and suddenly stop his movement.

He saw the girl, Ganyu, by the door, glaring at him. "Will you stop that? I'm just right next to your room and can hear all your ruckus. Stop it!" She told him. Ichiro gulped in fear as he quickly nodded and meekly sat down on his chair by the study table.

Ganyu sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, we got off on the wrong foot." She sighed. Ichiro only nodded, still afraid of the young woman. Ganyu glanced at his untouched bed.

"Can I sit?" She asked, gesturing to the bed. "Oh yes, of course, please." Ichiro stuttered out. Ganyu sat down on the bed.

"Let's start over shall we, I'm Ganyu. I've been riding along with Captain Feng for a while now but I'm currently on my way to Liyue and is planning to stay there. I'm sorry I was suspicious of you earlier, it's just that... Captain Feng had let other people ride with us before and every time someone boarded, there would at least be a couple materials missing. Captain Feng just brushes it off as being misplaced but, I know better." She explained.

Ichiro nodded. "I understand. I'd be cautious as well if I were in your position. Especially with a generous and kind captain like Captain Feng." Ichiro sighed.

"I'm Ichiro. I'm the Tsaritsa's harbinger. I am currently on my way to Inazuma to visit a friend of mine. Apparently there was a recent fuss that involved the commissions there so they contacted me for help. Pleasure to meet you." Ichiro let out a small smile as he outstretched his hand to her to which she immediately accepted and shook.

While he didn't entirely lie, he deemed it none of her business to know the real reason of why he was going to Inazuma.

"Pleasure's all mine." Ganyu smiled.

The ride to Inazuma had only lasted for a day and they arrived the next morning. The whole crew had gotten to know Ichiro and had even taken a liking to him and was sad to see him go.

As Ichiro stood on the docks and bid the crew goodbye, Ganyu came up to him. "Well, we got you here in one piece. If you ever visit Liyue, feel free to look for me. I'm sure we'll find each other somehow." She smiled.

"Yeah, somehow. I'll be sure to visit in the future." He told her. Ganyu smiled and gave Ichiro a quick kiss on the cheek which made Ichiro completely frozen in his spot like a cryo abyss mage had suddenly attacked him while he was swimming in the ocean.

The crew on the ship that had seen the whole thing cheered for Ganyu while the girl had only laughed at his frozen state.

"See you soon, Ichiro." She said before walking away to the crew who were still cheering for her.

Captain Feng laughed and patted Ichiro on the back. "When I said that Ganyu was a sweetheart once you get to know her, this wasn't entirely what I meant." The man laughed.

Captain Feng patted Ichiro on the back one last time.

"It was nice ridin' with you Ichiro, good luck on your journeys." The man grinned at him. Ichiro unfroze and looked at the man and smile. "It was nice meeting you Captain Feng, good luck on your journeys." Ichiro told him.

The captain smiled and walked back to the ship.

As the ship started to move away, some of the crew had reached out of the ship and waved goodbye to Ichiro who laughed at their antics and waved back.

As the ship soon went out of sight, Ichiro sighed as he remembered what he was here for.

"Well, you certainly had your fair share of fun, now did you?" An incredibly familiar fox asked from behind him, making Ichiro flinch as he wished that the ship had never went away.

As the footsteps from behind him started walking towards him, Ichiro sighed, knowing there was no way that he can get out of this.

Ichiro turned around to see his former lover's face inches from his own but was unbothered by it, considering that the fox envoy had done this several times before.

"Miko." He greeted her. Yae Miko had chuckled and stepped back. She sighed as she let out a sad smile.

"I'm assuming that you've heard?" She asked as Ichiro shook his head. "Not entirely, the letter was quite vague. That's why I'm here. That and because I need to hear it from her because I still can't believe it." Ichiro told her. Miko nodded.

"I'll walk with you." Miko said as she linked her arms with his. During their walk to Tenshukaku, Miko had explained the recent tragedy that struck Inazuma during the Cataclysm and about Kitsune Saiguu's passing to which Ichiro offered his condolence.

Ichiro had known Kitsune Saiguu through Miko who had introduced them to each other when Ichiro and Miko had first started seeing each other.

Obviously, the kitsune had voiced out her distate on their relationship to Ichiro in private when they were left alone, knowing very well his tendencies to sleep around but Ichiro had assured her that he's well grounded when in a relationship.

After that talk, they had slowly gotten close and had even considered each other as best friends but had a weird rivalry no one understood.

Ichiro was now inside the Tenshukaku and was outside her room. Ichiro took a big breath before sliding the doors open and stepping inside.

There he saw Ei, standing in the middle, waiting for him.

"Ichiro." She greeted him.

But Ichiro knew better. He knew this wasn't his sister. At least not physically her, from what he can tell so instead, he chose to glare at her.

"Where's Ei?" He asked. The 'Raiden Shogun' sighed and suddenly, Ichiro's whole surroundings changed. From the Raiden Shogun's room, to a complete wasteland.

Ichiro looked around in confusion but he quickly realised that real Ei had now replaced the Raiden Shogun that he had previously met.

She was standing there, looking sadly at him.

"Ichiro," She whispered with tears threatening to fall. Ichiro looked at her, his expression the same as hers.

"Please," he pleaded. "Please tell me it's not true. Please tell me she's not gone." He pleaded. Ei only looked down as tears finally slid down her face.

Ichiro felt like the winds were knocked out from his lungs. He felt like he couldn't breathe as he fell on his knees.

Ei wanted to run up to him, embrace him, cry with him and mourn with him but instead, she stayed put and kept her composure as she wiped away the tears on her face.

"What happened?"

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: I just spent all my primogems but Yae Miko refused to come home so now I'm saving up for Ei but now I have to wait for her next rerun. I also have to skip Ayato for a possible Kazuha and/or Venti banner

I'm still bitter about it.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!