f a m i l y | 3

Aurora's POV

"So, what would you kids like to eat?" Arber says, passing us all a menu that a writer must have given him before we arrived. He handed Mila the kids one and she opened it greedily flicking through the pages.

I looked over at the boy again, but this time he was staring down at the menu. His hair was covering his face but I could still just about see his face, his brows furrowed as he turned the pages slowly.

I put my attention back to my menu, trying to pinpoint something I want to try.

I know I can get something expensive since Mom won't kick up a fuss in front of Arber.

"Mila," Mom says smiling sweetly. "What would you like honey?"

Mila points to something on her menu and I peer down at it. "Chicken nuggets!" She practically yells.

By the time we had all ordered our drinks and food and the waiter had shuffled off, looking confused at the sheer amount of things we had asked for, Mila was already causing a mess.

She had knocked over the pot of roses in the middle the table and then proceeded to start chucking crayons about which both Arber and Mom had to apologise about.

I pulled Mila onto my lap before she started jumping onto tables or something, who knows what that girls capable of.

I let her twirl my hair in-between her fingers because she always loved doing that whenever I curled it, even though it was annoying because when I got home all the curls on one side of my head usually fell out.

Mom and Arber talked alot, and after a while I got bored of their conversation, they went from talking about food to then going on about some other random subjects.

I relaxed back in my chair and got lost in my thoughts. Out of the corner of my eye I see Mateo on his phone, probably texting his girlfriend or something.

"Mateo!" Mom snapped. "No phones at the table."

He groaned and stuffed his phone in his pocket.

After a while he started talking to Arber's son, and they seemed to be getting along quite well in fact. I couldn't hear they're conversation but they must have been making good conversation because I heard them both laugh at one point. Most of the noise drowned out around me as I sat stoll and plaited Mila's soft blonde hair.

She looked just like Mom, blonde hair, emerald green eyes. Me and Mateo, on the other hand had looked just like our father, brown hair with hazel eyes.

After a long dreary wait, our food arrived and I had placed Mila back into her own chair, squeezing her cheek.

I'd ordered the Burrata Ravioli and it smelt amazing. The top of the ravioli was coated in pesto and it had multiple piece of basil to top it off.

I picked at the food with my fork slicing open one of the pieces of pasta. I picked it up and ate it slowly. Under the table I hid my phone and texted Tia.

It barely took her a second to respond.

We messages back and forth for a while before I told her I had to go.

I'd finished my food before everyone else and so did Mila.

She started whining saying she needed the toilet so I told Mom I'll go with her.

As I walked to the toilets, Mila's hand in mine, I could literally feel the stare or my eyes against my back. I blushed at the thought.

***

Me and Mila were sat down at the table again when I could've sworn I sse the boy stare at me again.

This time in interest, like he was trying to read my face and guess what I was thinking.