7 | Time Flies N' Bots Die

Start from the beginning

"But, that is, however...not, the reason I wanted to speak with you. Rather, it is concerning the Iacon Database." He explained. Soundwave glanced up.

The Autobot encrypted Database?

"Soundwave, I believe it best for you to confine yourself to the Nemesis, as I have said before. But now, it is for added reasoning. I do not think any other Decepticon on this ship can decode the Iacon database as efficiently as you." Megatron lowered his dark red gaze with a line spread thin across his face plate. Soundwave stared back, his visor remaining black and blank.

"-decode the Iacon database." Soundwave repeated, followed with another nod. They were about to stalk over to the cybertronian console, before their pede stopped them. They turned their helm back briefly.

"Continue--energon readings?" He asked, the displayed wavelengths on his visor rising and falling with the recorded voice's frequency. Megatron glanced back with a cool stare.

"No need. Although I have yet to update you on the current supply, rest assured that there is more than suffiecient enough energon for you to fully pursue decoding the Iacon Database." He replied curtly, then leaving Soundwave to his assigned work. Soundwave dipped his helm down in thought for a short moment before proceeding towards the data computer, the screen eminating a pale glow as his clawed digits approached the keys.

Much time would pass during this period of Soundwave's relative isolation; including the events of Starscream's exile, the short-lived arrival of Orion Pax, and the unexpected addition to the Decepticon ranks in the form of Dreadwing - the split spark twin of the 'deceased' Skyquake, all the while searching for the location and successful extraction of the relics, some of which would have the unfortunate off-chance of falling into the hands of the Autobots. How absurdly resilient they are...

Recently, its been quite a task living up to the results of Orion Pax's relative ease with the Database, only further irking Soundwave as yet another coordinate code failed and blinked back mockingly on the reflection of his visor.

The discernable sound of strut-steps caused Soundwave to look up from their ceaseless work, expecting another visit from Lord Megatron but was notably surprised to see Dreadwing entering the bridge - his faroff, red-optic gaze revealing him to be lost in contemplation. It was only when he noticed the scene on the window display of the bridge change from the corner of his optic did he regain full attention of his surroundings.

"Ah, Soundwave. Good to see you hard at work." Dreadwing tipped a nod towards him, Soundwave mirroring his gesture. Dreadwing scanned the lower bridge for the lesser half of a klik, his optics dimming before he looked back to the Communcations Chief.

"Do you...happen to know where I might find Breakdown? I am in need of his assisstance for a commission given by Lord Megatron." Dreadwing explained, his voice clear-cut and assertive. Soundwave knew the true purpose behind Dreadwing's assigned mission, as Megatron himself questioned Airachnid's loyalty right in front of him.

They were to terminate the current First Lieutenant.

Nevertheless, Soundwave would remain silent as he straightened himself and connected his visual perspective with Laserbeak on his visor, searching for the heavy-hitter. Yet, it was not but a few moments before another set of steps happened to enter the lower bridge, and Dreadwing's optics widened.

"Breakdown. There you are," He announced in incredulity. Soundwave cut the visual link on his visor and saw Breakdown wandering around, no particular destination in mind until he met optics with Dreadwing and stopped in his treads.