Ch. 1: The Accident

"Alright Luz, remember, be careful with this." Amity said, "This potion is very dangerous if we mess it up."

"Okay, Amity. I'll be as careful and a slow as a ninja to make sure this is down right." Luz said to her girlfriend, moving her hands very slowly.

"What's a ninja?" Amity asked.

"A Ninja is a type of warrior from a country called Japan, they are known for being quiet and stealthy. I'll tell you later, let's focus on this."

The subject and cause of the cautious behavior was a special project for one of their classes at Hexside.

"I still can't believe that the Emperor's Coven needs the Beast Keeping students and the Potion students to work together."

"There's a Boiling Rabbies virus going around and the medicine is lower. It's needed." Amity said.
"I also can't believe you joined Beast Keeping." Luz said.

"Well, Abominations was getting boring on its own." Amity said.

"Well, stay back Blight, I'm the top student there." Luz said, "And your parents let you dual track?"

"They thought it would be a good opportunity to gain more knowledge for when I join the Emperor's Coven someday." Amity said with an eye roll.

"Well, whatever allows you to spend more time with me." Luz said, "But I'm serious, don't mess with my spot."

Luz put her Beast Keeping top student badge on. Amity laughed.

"It's just like when we first met, I was so mean and snooty back then." Amity said, chuckling about her past self.

"And now you're an amazing person." Luz said, kissing Amity and forgetting about the potion.

And it was this very, tender moment that caused Luz to make a mistake and add too much of the ingredient in her hand. The potion exploded and they were covered in it.

"I can see why Boscha is the Top Student in the Potion Track." Amity said.

They were covered in a potion cloud.

"Sorry! Sorry! I should've stayed focused." Luz said as they began coughing in the cloud of smoke.

"Oh, my head." Amity said.

She started to rub her head with her paw... wait, paw!?

"Huh!" Amity let out as she looked at her paw as the smoked cleared! "WHY IS MY HAND A PAW?!"

"Amity?"

Amity looked up and saw an Otter.

"L-L-Luz?"

As Amity saw a brown otter with Luz's hairstyle, Luz saw a magenta cat with brown highlights. This is bad.