b l a c k d r e s s | 1

Aurora's POV

"AURORA!" my mother yelled from up the stairs, clearly hearing the door slam shut behind me when I came in. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and wiped my forehead.

Before I could even respond, the sound of her feet running down the stairs. She was wearing a dark emerald green dress to match her eyes with her hair tied back into a bun. She had the new pair of earrings in I got her for Christmas last month in and a necklace hung losely on her neck.

I placed my bags down on the floor, hanging my jacket up on the wooden coat hanger next to the front door.

I had just been shopping with my bestfriend Tia. It's basically tradition for us to go shopping on Friday after school.

"What's the occasion?" I laugh, now taking my shoes off and staring at her. "Well, I was supposed to be going out with Arber alone today but he asked if all of us could come, you know to get to know him and his son?"

I raise an eyebrow. "He has a son now too?" She smiles and lets out a breath, "Yes, and he's dying to meet us all".

I wait for her to start walking up thr steps anr the minute she does turns around I put my middle finger up to her and mock her under my breath.

She halfway up the stairs when she yells, "I saw that Aurora" smiling, and I groan.

***
Just my luck.

I wanted to stay home tonight and sleep in untill 10AM tommorow, maybe watch a movie or read some of my new book.

But no, now I have to go meet some stupid man and his son just to eat dinner together and pretend like I actually wanted to be there.

I hurried up and took a quick shower, wrapping my self in a towel as I looked through my wardrobe for something to wear.

I assumed we would be going to the new restaurant in town. I've never actually been inside yet, only looked through the window with Tia.

I guess it could be okay, I mean I've been wanting to go for a while now and check out the menu anyways, plus from what Mom says, the Italian dishes are amazing.

I pick out a small black dress with lace around the straps. I bought this months ago and I've been waiting for the moment to wear it somewhere but I haven't gone out to eat or gone to any party in a while for that matter.

I choose a pair of black hanging earrings to match my dress and curl my hair with my curinling iron.

Looking into the mirror I admire myself. I love getting ready, in my opinion its one of the best parts of the day, and even if I'm having the worst day, I always feel so pretty after putting on some nice clothes and having a hot bath.

I spray my favourite perfume on myself and smile.

Ever since my Dad passed away 6 months ago, my mom moved on pretty fast.

That's not to say she didn't love my Dad, because she loved him more then anything in the fucking world. You see, that was the issue. After 2 months of her going through such a horrible episode, I was so scared she would end up passing away too with the what her life was amounting to.

I shudder even thinking about it. It was so scary to watch.

But anyways, I told her to start talking to a man at her work and I think at first she did it just to please me because she knew that I didn't want to see her like that. But after a while I think maybe she did actually fall in love with him.

And although it makes my blood boil, I want her to be happy more then anything.

And most importantly, alive.

Real short chapter but I might add some more later if I'm feeling like it

Next chapter drops soon!

QOTC: How are you feeling about Aurora?