"yeah... this is perfect"

Brianna Astrid

I smiled widely looking at the French fries on my plate. I've never eaten anything like this. And the burger!  It's so good.

I asked Danny, or Daniel what his favorite dish was. I mean how do they expect me to decide, there were so many options! The one he liked most was the honey butter chicken burger. He told me to get the spicy fries with the garlic dip.

So here i am sitting opposite Danny. "Didn't you say your break lasted 15 minutes? It's already been 30"

"Well yeah, i mean the owner won't mind. So I'm good" I'm not sure if that's what he said, he does have half the burgur stuffed in his mouth.

It was 6:30 in the afternoon. At this point, it was starting to get dark.

I should probably go home.

Danny looked up at me"so...what's your name?"

I'm so confused.

"Isn't that what you say in the beginning of a friendship?  I didn't think you wanted to be my friend after i thought you were miss. Pottyheads brother"

"I got you my favorite burger and then sat here to eat with you! And you think i don't want to be friends?"

Ohh so he want to be my friend. Friends drink milkshakes together, don't they?

"So then when are we going shopping!" I looked at him with wide eyes, slightly bouncing on the seat and clapping my hands.

Now its his turn to look confused "what the fuck?"

"Umm you said you wanted to be friends right? Friends go out to shop all the time. So I thought you wanted to go shopping with me! Not today though, This is my first day so I'm really tired. Maybe tommorow?"

"Yeah sure let's go out tommorow.  Am I your only friend?"

I felt kinda embarrassed by that. Danny is so outgoing, he should have many friends. And then there was me. I only had Ace then, and I messed it up.

"Yeah" i said looking at my now empty plate "I had a friend when I was younger though"

Danny was curiously staring at me when the waiter came with the bill.

Papa had told me about this too. They gave me a lot of money so I didn't have to work. But because I insisted on working they got me job at an old bakery.

Just when I was about to pay Danny said "it's on the house kaycee. I'll tell Mackey about it."

"Okay man, you're going home right? I need a ride."

"Yeah I'll drop you off. Dont worry"

With that kaycee left.

"What does 'on the house' mean? And who's Macky?"

"It just means you dont have to worry about the bill, bunny." He said bopping my nose, "Also Mackey's my friend. The owner of this diner"

I looked behind me. And no one was there.

Who is he talking to?

"Um Danny who are you talking to? Who's bunny?"

All i got in return was Danny's laughter.

"You're so cute, bunny"

Wait! oh squirrels! Im bunny. I have a pet name!

I looked up at him and gave a bright smile "Danny!  I love bunny! I'm a bunny now yayy!"

"Yeah yeah. You still haven't told me your name"

"Oh sorry! Im Brianna, but call me bree."

"So, how are you going home? You have your car?" Danny askes eyeing my two huge bags. I had left them at the counter and he brought them to our table.