Part 60 "Father Dearest"

Reegan, the Lawbringer, sat regally behind his imposing desk, his stern gaze fixed upon his son, Vorgen, who stood at attention before him.

Reegan: "How many times.....?" his voice trembled with a potent mix of frustration and concern.

Vorgen: "............. "

Vorgen remained silent, apprehension etched across his face.

Reegan: "How many times do i have to keep telling you...... Hm...?" he continued, his voice rising,

Vorgen: "Dunno.....

Summoned to his father's office for a stern reprimand, Vorgen offered a nonchalant response that only served to further stoke Reegan's ire.

Reegan: "You were lucky that Linda Was there to handle the situation!" 

Reegan exclaimed, his anger mounting.

Vorgen, his nonchalance unabated, dismissively retorted,

Vorgen: "I was wearing my armor. No one recognized me, father. You're making such a big deal out of this."

He idly picked his nose through the holes in his helmet, a gesture that further aggravated his father.

Reegan seethed, struggling to maintain his composure.

Reegan: "I'm getting sick and tired of your antics! Do whatever you want you-- "

His rant was abruptly interrupted by a violent coughing fit, startling Vorgen.

Vorgen: "D-dad?" he uttered in genuine concern.

Reegan: "It's nothing--" *Cough* *Cough* he claimed attempting to downplay his vulnerability

Reegan tried to hide his pitiful side from his son by covering his mouth, but unfortunately he let out a loud and harsh cough. Uncovering the fact that he was not fine.

But what really shook Vorgen to the core was when he noticed that there was a droplet of blood seeping out of his father's hand. He was coughing blood.

Reegan: "Marius!"

Reegan desperately called for his butler, Marius, with urgency.

Marius: "Yes, master?"

Marius promptly entered the room, his eyes widening at the sight of his ailing lord.

Reegan: "Get him out of here!" The Lawbringer ordered, his voice strained and weak.

Marius, understanding the gravity of the situation, gently guided Vorgen toward the door, ignoring Vorgen's protests.

Vorgen: "B-but he's-"

Reegan: "Get out now!!" his voice, tinged with anguish, demanded.

In the hallway, Vorgen was left shaken, his thoughts racing. He turned to Marius, his emotions a tumultuous mix of worry and anger.

Vorgen: "What happened to him, uncle Marius?!" He demanded, his voice a raw expression of concern.

Marius: "It was nothing serious, Young master."

Vorgen: "Bullshit!! I've never seen him cough like that before. Hell he was always healthy!!" His distress was palpable. 

Marius: "........It's due to stress" Finally, Marius gave in and explained the truth.

Vorgen: "Stress?! Is he overworking himself?"

As Marius recounted the cause of Reegan's illness, Vorgen was rendered speechless, the crushing realization of his own role in causing his father's distress weighing heavily on him.