Fredrick let out a small laugh. "I think death is not fond of me!" Fred said.

Levi just rolled his eyes. A knock on the door interrupted the gentlemens.

"It's Hange. Come in." Levi said.

The door opened and Hange with Connie walked in. ""Good to see you awake, sir." Hange daid to Erwin.

Hange and Connie saluted. "So you were here all along, commander Pyxis. Perfect timing. I'm here to report on the recent incident." Hange looked at Connoe. "This is--"

"Connie! Connie Springer, of the 104th survey corps, sir!" Connie said.

"He's from the village I mentioned, Ragako. Since he was there to witness the incident, I had him accompany my squad." Hange said.

"Connie. Good work." Levi said.

Connie was a little surprised. He then looked down. "Thank you, sir..."

Hange scratched the back of her head. "Allow me to explain. The town was full of evidence that suports the theory we have...about where the titans came from this time...the buildings in the village all appeared to have been blown from the inside. Yet despite all of this destruction...we couldn't find a sinhle bloodstain. Most importantly, we have yet to locate a single resident from Ragako. And... the total number of titans discovered and defeated...was the same as the number of individuals who lived there. We believe it is highly likely... that the titans that appesred inside the wall were really the residents of Ragako village." Hange said.

The brunette continued on explaining to the four men about their investigation on Connie's village.

"So you're saying that the titans... are actually humans?" Erwin asked.

Pyxis, Anka and Fred's eyes widened.

"We don't have any solid proof that all titans are this way...I talked to Y/n, she told me something." Hange said.

Fredrick became even more focused on the mention of Y/n's name.

Wait...Why is she participating on the investigation? Shouldn't she be resting?! Fredrick thought.

"Y/n have a hunch about what's really inside the titans' weak spots. Allow me to elaborate what she said. If two titans cary widely in size, the weak spot is always the same. "One meter long, ten centimeters wide." If you matched those proportions up to a typical human body...you'd get the spinal fluid column, leading out of the brain. A titan can't regenerate and ceases to function if you cut this area...probably because these organs are independent from the rest of the titan's body." Hange said.

Levi stared at Hange with his usual bored look. "You always slice open the nexks of all the titans you capture alive...but you've never seen anything like that, have you?" Levi asked.

Hange nod her head. "True...I've never seen anything that looks particularly human. Their napes close up immediately if you do something lile cut through with a single blade, so I can't imagine that a human brain could stay intact in there. Yet there has to be something in the size of a brain snd spinal column, perhaps it's synthesized into the titan body and hard to make out, but..."

"I don't understand what you're gtting at, four-eyes." Levi said.

"Er, sorry..." Hange said.

Leai leaned his arms on his his lap and stared at the ground. "So...what? The flesh I've devoted my life to slicing out is actually part of a human being? I've been flying around killing humans this whole time?...Is that what you're saying?" Levi asked.

Hange looked away. "I told you, there's no solid proof." Hange said.

Commander Pyxis held his chin whilst he thinks. "But if it is true...I wonder. Could the difference between regular titans and titans like Eren...be that their bodies aren't completely absorbed?" Commander Pyxis said.