Chapter 1

Dior Lee

I'm currently getting ready for my first day at work. I didn't expect this to happen, I'm not even that good at photography but it's one of my hobbies. I enjoy taking pictures a lot.

Last week, I was just touring around NYC, taking pictures at some of the tourist spots when a man, maybe around his 50s, and a woman may be around her 30s approached me.

Flashback

I arrived in New York two days ago but I just stayed at the apartment I recently bought with my savings. It's not that big, it was just enough for me.

After staying here for the whole two days, I decided to stroll around the city. I grabbed my bag and my camera and I headed to different tourist spots.

It's currently 4 in the afternoon and I'm currently here at Times Square still taking photos. I captured a lot of pictures earlier and I'm contented with how it looks.

While I'm busy taking shots, I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I look away from my camera, to see a man and a woman standing beside me wearing formal wear.

I look at them confused and ask them, "Urm, anything I can help you with?".

"Uh yeah, actually we've noticed that you've been taking photos here ever since we spotted you. Can we take a look at those photos?" the man spoke casually like we'd known each other for too long.

I looked at them more confused.

"Oh my gosh, that was so rude of me. I'm so sorry." He apologized, shaking his head. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Martin Morgan and this lady beside me is Jennifer Wilson." the woman waved. "I'm a director from a clothing company and she's a casting director for photographers. We're out here trying to find good photographers, and you seem like a professional, Miss."

"Oh, no, no. I'm no professional and I just came here to take some photos for myself and just you know, strolling around since I just moved here."

"Oh, but do you mind us taking a look at your shots?" the man spoke again.

I'm still hesitating though, like I just met them. I still don't trust him even though he already introduced themselves. What if they're just fooling me? What if he snatched my camera and ran away?

And as if he read my mind he said, "If you still don't believe me here's my ID." he handed me his ID that is around his neck.

I looked at the ID and it looks legit. And...what?! Victoria's Secret?! he works at Victoria's Secret?! And he's the director?! I widened my eyes when I saw it but I didn't let them notice it.

The woman also handed me her ID and I think it's real. Maybe I should trust them, I also needed a job for my stay here. But I don't know if this is the job, I don't think I'm that good at photography.

"If you still don't believe me, you can just search the internet" the man joked, sarcastically.

"No, I think it's real. Here, don't try to snatch it and run away, okay?" I joked, slightly laughing.

The man chuckled, shaking his head while grabbing the camera. Both of them are so focused on scanning the photos I took. They both nodded their heads while mumbling to each other, whatever that is. Then he handed me back my camera.

"You're good Miss..." the woman trailed off, waiting for me to continue.

"Dior. Dior Lee" I continued.

"You said you ain't professional, but your shots say the complete opposite. Do you want to work with us, Miss Lee?" The woman said.

"Uh, I don't know. As I said, I'm not that good, but thank you for appreciating it though. Also, I don't have any experience working and it will be my first time having a job since I just finished high school. You're just wasting your time on me, this is Victoria's Secret we're talking about here."