Chapter 2: Knowing Two More of Them

I was shocked as I turned back to face this person, I glanced down seeing my hand held back by him.

"Sorry," I paused, "but could you let go of my hand." I whispered, trying not to raise my voice.

He shook his head, "No." He glanced up to look at me, "I just need someone to talk to." His hazel eyes were full with sorrow. I thought about it and I agreed to sit down opposite to him. I guess, in life, it was hard to find people to talk to.

The table was filled with many empty wine glasses. But this person, however, silently reached for the bottle of wine and drank it instead.

My eyes widened, "You shouldn't be drinking too much alcohol." I told him, "It's not good for you."

He shook his head, "I love her so much," he began, "and now she's with someone else."

He's heartbroken.

I smiled, trying to lighten the mood up, "I guess she's not the person for you then."

He shook his head again, "I know that she was the right person." He slammed the table, "But why doesn't she love me?"

I lowered my eyes. I have nothing to say now.

He reached for the bottle of wine again. I leaned over and grabbed it away from him. "Seriously, it's not good for you."

The guy looked up and stared at me.

"I don't think drinking any more of this would help erase your pain."

He paused for a moment and then he just sat there looking down at the table cloth. "Do you know any other way to erase the pain away?"

Honestly, I think he's asking the wrong person. I really don't have much experience with these kind things. But seeing him listening so attentively, I tried to come up with something appropriate. "I think the best way is to keep yourself busy by doing something you love, like a hobby." I glanced up and saw his eyes looking directly at me.

"Something I love." He whispered.

"Yes. Doing something you like will keep you away from thinking about her. Then hopefully time will heal you." Hearing myself saying that out loud, I wondered how that line came to my head.

"Sorry, but I have to go now." I awkwardly stood up and pushed the chair in. From that moment, I knew that the guy wanted to say something else. But he didn't. I glanced over to the kitchen and walked off not looking back.

Serving for the next table, I placed down two plates in front of a couple. They said thank you and I smiled. Turning back to head to the kitchen again, my eyes started to get blurry. My head felt like it was going to spin, and my feet were wobbly. I quickly walked over to the wall and stood there trying to keep my balance stable. "Please not now." I said to myself.

My illness was activated. I didn't know what to do but to just stand there and try to keep head my stable. I glanced back at the person who was heartbroken. However, table eighteen was empty. "I guess he left." I whispered to myself.

Struggling to find the kitchen again, I took slow steps against the wall.

"Crystal?" I heard a voice.

"Crystal, are you okay?" Jane asked me.

"I'm fine." I told her, "It would go away in a minute."

Her eyes were worried, "Are you sure?" she said, trying to help me stand up.

"I'm fine." I told her again, I took another step and fell down.

"Crystal!" She began to panic, "You're not okay! Go and have a rest."