13

-Aubrey Hall, Y/N's POV-

Isa, Charlie, and I arrived at the estate a day's time after the Bridgertons did and with the Sharmas as well as Lady Danbury were behind a few hours to join. After I'm helped out of the carriage, I look upon the beautiful architecture that I once a time have roamed through and have fond memories of my younger years to breathe in the fresh air before I hear Isa gasp in awe to ask, "This is Aubrey Hall? Where you and our parents spent time before the annual ball?"

"Yes and it's also where-," I say before I'm interrupted by the voice I've come to know with very much familiarity respond, "It's also where we had our first introduction together. Hello, you."

"Hello to you too," I say as Anthony walks up and kisses me on the hand, making Isa groan out.

"Oh come on! When are you guys going to actually kiss?!" Isa shouts as I laugh and pat her head jokingly, "Patience, that day will come soon enough."

As the four of us walk into the estate to meet up with the rest of the Bridgertons and while I was watching conversations to catch up be made, I wondered to myself and asked, "Is Daphne coming too?". Not a moment after I let the question leave my mouth, I hear everyone start excitedly chatter as they hear Daphne walk in after Francesca shouts, "Sister!" as she and Violet get up from their seats.

"Oh, I am so pleased you were able to come," Violet says as she walks up to greet her eldest daughter.

"As if I would allow dear Augie to miss out on watching his mother win this little family tradition," Daphne says, teasing her older brothers who are VERY competitive if I can recall that information.

"Charming words from a duchess," Benedict says sarcastically as Daphne rebuts with, "A duchess who is still a Bridgerton."

"Oh, come see the baby, Eloise," Francesca calls out, trying to prompt Eloise to come join in the fun.

"Why? Has he changed since I saw him last?" Eloise asks as Francesca rolls her eyes and sighed at her sister's obvious response as Daphne passes Augie to Violet.

After she had her share of cuddles, Violet passed the baby to Eloise, which was clearly a bad idea because Augie then starts crying and Colin rushes to the rescue to carry him into his arms to comfort him.

"Is it not nap time? Perhaps Uncle Colin will lull you to sleep with his many tales from his travels," Eloise responds, obviously annoyed by her brother's boastfulness about what he learned during the travels.

"I can put him down for you if you would like," I say as I move to be next to Daphne who smiled and responds, "That would be lovely, thank you."

I walk over to Colin and helped him switch Augie to me, who then snuggles into me and yawned. It definitely was nap-time and this baby needs it now if he were to sleep through the Pall-Mall game today. I head over to the nursery as I leave the siblings to continue on with their competitive talk and banter about who was going to win this year. Augie continued to cuddle close to me, silent as a little lamb, as I went through my thoughts to recall a lullaby that I could sing to him, then a well loved one appeared. It's one I remember listening to Edmund hum when he would put me, Anthony, Benedict, and Colin to bed after doing some storytelling, so I started singing softly while rocking him soundly.

"I see the moon.   
The moon sees me
God bless the moon
and God bless me.
I see the stars
The stars see me
God bless the stars
And God bless me.
I see the world
The world sees me
God bless the world
And God bless me.
I know an angel
Watches over me.
God bless the angels
And God bless me.