12

The next morning after the previous ball rolled in and yet again, I'm occupying the drawing-room with my family as well as the younger Bridgertons and Violet & Benedict for the day. Anthony is currently somewhere else in the ton, probably finishing up some last minute duties. As I'm watching Isa & Charlie play jacks with Gregory & Hyacinth, I notice them whispering among themselves and appear to be smiling about what the topic is.

"What are you four talking about?" I ask as they suddenly stop what they were talking about and unanimously respond, "Nothing, just enjoying our game."

I look to Violet to see if I should even bother to further push them for a real answer, but she shrugs as if to say she isn't sure if it's worth the effort. I decided to let it go and call the reasoning a secret I don't think I want to know or hear about. After I determined that topic to remain quiet, I think back to how Kate was doing trying to find Edwina a suitor, given the fact the Queen announced the younger Sharma as this season's diamond. Which prompted all the eligible bachelors to step up to ask her for the first dance, but the Queen didn't choose any of them, she pointed out Anthony who was watching from afar with me and asked him to dance with her, causing everyone in attendance to look our way and whisper confusion about why she did that.

-Last Night's Ball-

"It's okay, go dance with her. I don't want to get our courtship in any more trouble with her," I whispered to him as he nodded and head towards Edwina to give her a dance after The Queen announced Anthony to come dance with her season's diamond.

Dash it all, Whistledown, why did you have to mention us in that issue?! Now the queen is challenging those words and trying to tear the courtship while Anthony and I are happy.

Kate and Mary walk up to me to snap me out of my thoughts with Mary saying, "We didn't tell the Queen to do that, we never mentioned-."

"Her Royal Highness has been doing that since Daphne's wedding, it's nothing you or your lovely mother did. She appears to be challenging Whistledown's words about our courtship to try to at least achieve a true pairing to her eyes, but her attempts haven't been a success because the debutantes of last knew of me and respected me. Now I sort of fear that these ladies don't, except Edwina," I respond as I fiddle with my hands before Kate grabs my wrist to make me stop as well as in a comforting way to whisper, "I mentioned to Edwina you were in a courtship with him, she by far knows of your feelings and respects you more than I've ever seen these other young ladies do." as I nod in thanks for the reminder and also for raising a great sister.

As we watched Anthony dance with Edwina, we both felt relieved that at least they look graceful and that will help Edwina with her suitors, but we didn't know what they were whispering about.

"My Lord, I'm so sorry you were called upon to dance with me," Edwina softly says so that only her and Anthony hear what is being said.

"It is not your fault, the Queen simply is trying to undo something that isn't her decision to do so," Anthony responds in the same tone as Edwina gave me a worrisome smile.

"My sister and her seem to be the great of friends," Edwina says as she looks towards our way and continues with, "I can see how much love is between the two of you, I hope that my sister and I would find love like that one day."

"Of course you two will, there are some gentlemen here aside from me that would become a true match with you and Kate as well as treat you with the uttermost respect," Anthony says as he and Edwina bow as the song end to then for him to head back towards us, leaving Edwina with a smile on her face as the next partner walks up to her and ask for a dance.

"Your sister is quite the perfect person to be our Ton's diamond," Anthony says to Kate as he then stares down at her hand on my wrist and looks to me worried to ask, "Is everything alright?"