• twenty three •

Give me all of your love

Give me something to dream about

______

Dorothea Abram

My least favorite part of the day has always been waking up.

What's meant to be a fresh start, a new day full of new opportunities always just ends up being a constant reminder of how little control of my life I have.

There is no fresh start or new day. I don't get the privilege to shed everything from the day before and start fresh the next.

Everyday I wake up and I wake up with the knowledge of what I already have to do for that day, it being whatever Mother and Father have arranged for me.

It's never my choice and it's never anything new.

So waking up this morning, excitement is the last thing I feel as my mind begins to fill itself with whatever thoughts I tried to drown out the night before.

The night before.

Suddenly I remember that last night was not like every other night.

It's not a rare occurrence for me to want to get out of the house when my own thoughts become too much, but last night I allowed myself to go to the one place I never thought I would step foot in again.

The hidden field used to be my sanctuary far before I had even met Harry. I had always been drawn to the beauty in its simplistic nature.

What you saw was what you got.

A field, some flowers and a wooden bench all secluded from the rest of the world.

It had become my happy place.

After I had met Harry, my happy place became our happy place. It was one of the few places we could go together as not a single soul knew about it besides us and we were not meant to be seen together.

But the night Harry left, so did the happiness I once associated with it.

His absence plagued the area and it only served as a constant reminder that he was no longer here with me. That I was alone.

Except last night I wasn't alone.

He was there.

Memories of the rest of the night come flashing back —  the conversation we had, the ride home, him walking to my room, the kiss.

The kiss.

I'm not ready to move on from last night, to wake up and start a new day as if last night never happened. It's morning now so I can only assume Harry left sometime before the sun came up. I wouldn't be surprised if he left as soon as I fell asleep since I was out within minutes of my head hitting the pillow.

Still refusing to open my eyes I begin to stretch my limbs as I groan knowing I'm too awake to go back to sleep now.

Barley moving I realize the surface beneath my head isn't the satin pillow I'm used to.

And it's moving.

Why is it moving?

"Good morning." A raspy whisper comes from above causing the surface my head is resting on to vibrate.

My body immediately tenses realizing the position I'm in. Not only is Harry still here but my head is resting over his chest, I have one arm thrown over his torso while one of my legs is tangled with his.