ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢

Start from the beginning

"Well?" He added, nodding his head.

"I'll tell you later." Ophelia finally said, letting a cheeky smile creep across his face as he groaned in annoyance.

"Why did I know you were going to say that?"

"I'm predictable." She laughed, popping a piece of tender beef into her mouth, dove into her meal, and tried to figure out a plan.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☽

After the meal was over, everyone filed out of the Great Hall; Draco snagged her hood and interlocked his pinky with Ophelia's.

"Promise me," He said, staring directly into her eyes, making her stomach churn. "Tell me everything later. It'll help with, y'know, research."

Ophelia nodded, mouth slightly agape, and he smiled, letting go and trotting down the stairs towards the common room. Research, sure. If that's what they could call it. Snooping possibly, sticking their noses in places where they shouldn't. 

Pushing past her newfound reluctance, she found them in the library, talking in hushed whispers and eyes darting all over the place. Harry looked particularly miserable. As she approached them, the three students shut up, staring at her with wide eyes and indifferent faces. They stayed like that for a couple of seconds before Ophelia broke the silence.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened, or..." Hermione grabbed the Slytherin girl's sleeve and yanked her down into the empty chair next to her. Smoothing her robes out like ruffled feathers, Ophelia composed herself and her posture quickly.

"Someone ransacked Harry's trunk and bed. And took the journal." Ron spat out, before covering his mouth with his hand and letting his head fall forward onto the table. Ophelia shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked. Hermione brought her elbow onto the table and let her head rest in her palm.

"That's what I said," The mousy girl huffed.

"But why would anyone do something like that?" Ophelia prodded, turning her attention to Harry, who was still in his own little world, staring blankly into the books behind Hermione's head.

No one said anything, which just made her even more uneasy. The only people who know the password to the Gryffindor common room are Gryffindors. But why would someone in his own house ransack his things? Then it hit her.

Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, survived a curse from the evilest wizard in the history of the wizarding world, who happened to be a member of Slytherin House when he was at Hogwarts... and could speak to snakes. Everything was piecing together.

"Harry," Ophelia started to speak, shocked, even ashamed of the words about to come out of her mouth. She took in a sharp breath of air. "Do people think... you're the heir to Slytherin?"

The thought of it almost made her laugh out loud, but it made unfortunate sense, and she hated it. A selfish part of her wanted something to make her stand out, at least compared to them. The Boy Who Lived, the most brilliant witch in their class and the bravest person she's ever met. Maybe she'd finally measure up. 

Harry snapped from his trance, drawing his attention away from the book spines behind her head, looking her dead in the eyes.

"Unfortunately, yes. Due to this bloody scar of mine." Harry said dejectedly.

"Why would that-" Ophelia started but was cut off quickly.

"I don't know why, none of us know why." spat Harry, shaking his head and gesturing desperately to the room.

The four of them sat in silence for a minute or so, considering the possibilities and what to do next. Ophelia was out of ideas.

"Why don't we go visit Hagrid tomorrow night?" Hermione suggested, standing from her chair. "Harry, you need to rest before your game tomorrow... and pick up your things." 

Ophelia had forgotten so quickly; Hufflepuff versus Gryffindor, a deciding match that might determine who wins the House Cup this year. Of course, Slytherin was snuffed last year, because Dumbledore has some not-so-inconspicuous favoritism for the red-clad students. 

Then, just as Hermione finished her sentence, something changed in her eyes, locking onto something across the hall.

"You boys head on up, I'll keep doing some research. Goodnight." The mousy girl nodded curtly, hastily pushing in her chair and trotting over to another section.

"Hermione, remember the curfew!" Ron called after her, to which she waved back absently, not turning around.

"Yes, yes, Ronald. I know." And started flipping desperately through a massive anthology of some sort. Ophelia didn't want to interrupt the girl's train of thought and nodded farewell to Ron and Harry as they parted ways at the door. Maybe Ophelia would sleep well tonight.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☽

A.N. Oh my god it's been so long since I've been on this app. Tbh I've been going through it and needed some time away from my book to refresh and get a better mindset, and now I'm doing much better, physically and mentally. Maybe not so much physically as I have a weird ailment rn and I don't know what it is. Anyways, I'm rambling, and I'm writing this before I edit soooooo I'll be back! 

Love you all,

Liz.

P.S. I just finished editing this... like a week later because I had a show (musical, Once Upon A Mattress) and it took up all my goddamn time. Sorry about that!