𝟎𝟔 | 𝐌𝐞𝐡𝐫 𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐡

Start from the beginning

"She fell because of me, but Allah ka shukar hai she didn't have any injuries. I went near her, and she was crying, like real pearl like tears. It hurt me, I felt like someone was stabbing my heart with a knife when I saw her condition. She was scared and I saw fear in her eyes. She was crying with hiccups. So I asked her why she was crying, and she told me that some bāstards were following her and trying to do some inappropriate things." Aaban clenched his fist remembering the heart wrenching scene. "I wanted to kill them but I didn't see. They ran away, those āssholes didn't have the guts to face a real man. Allah ki kasam, if they were in front of me, I would've beaten them till they understand their mistake." Zaroon was shocked to see how red Aaban's face had gotten. He never saw him that angry.

"But if it was any other girl, you would've thought the same." It was a question but it rather came out as a fact.

"Yes, no girl deserves this. But if it was any other girl, then I would've been angry and I would've sympathy for her. But, Z, you can't imagine how my blood boiled when I saw her like this, all scared." He didn't want any other men to look at her in that way. The thought that someone else then him was trying to be close to her was enough to boil his blood.

"Phir kya hua, itna suspense na daal. I am a busy person, I have other work as well !" Zaroon changed the topic.

Aaban scrunched his nose and looked at him with a glare. "I am your best friend, agar tuhjse nahi baat karun ga to kis se karuga ? I am always there for you when you need me." He got up, getting angry.

"Naraz to na hon, mazak kar raha tha. Acha bata." Zaroon grabbed his head and forcefully pulled it on his lap, like he was a child. Their friendship was like this, Zaroon was the father and Aaban the child.

"Nahi batauga." He crossed his arms on his chest.

"Then don't tell me." Zaroon shrugged casually.

"No! Let me finish my unfinished love story! It was late night so like the gentleman that I am.." Zaroon fake coughed with a smile. "Shut up - so I was saying, yeah, I asked her if she wants me to drop her. And obviously, she couldn't say no to a handsome face like. So she said yes and she got in the car. She was dressed in a bridal wear with lots of gold jewelry which was strangely weird, so I decided to ask her..." He then continued his story, telling each and every detail like it happened yesterday.

He finished his story, "And voilà, here I am, having many sleepless nights because of that one girl who stole my heart." He put a hand on his heart in a dramatic way. "I just want to see her once, yaar." Zaroon was really thinking if he was a psychologist or a father. Because first his wife who acts more like a baby, and then his so called best friends who needs advise for his non-existent love story.

"You know when I saw her, I knew I could do anything to see a smile on her face. I could do anything to give her happiness. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her smile for the first time, and her voice was like a balm on my aching heart. I wanted to listen her all day. I wanting to see her, first in the morning is called love. Then I a proud to say I am in love." The dreamy smile on Aaban face made Zaroon wonder if Love was actually a true thing or not.

All his life, he has been a practical man who thought love didn't exist. But after hearing Aaban's story, he wondered what it would feel like to fall in love, what it would be like. Does love makes you special ? Many questions were running on his mind. He wanted answers, but he couldn't get that until he tastes the sweet poison of love himself.

Jannat. Was the first person who came in his mind. She was his wife, what if he falls in love with her? How would it feel ?

I can never fall in love with her. I am sure Aaban is just feeling attached and attracted to that girl. Love doesn't exist. He thoughts shaking his head.