I Met Him Yesterday

I can still remember that day when I met him. Hi My Name is Chelsea and this is my Story .
"New Place! New House and New friends! Isn't exciting?" My Mom asked me as she watches my Dad parks our car on the lawn and the trailer truck follows him.
I just gave her an expressionless stare as I grab my stuffs.
"Honey don't give me hat kind of stare please! Besides look at this village isn't it nice? You will meet new friends here I assured you." She said as she taps my shoulder.
"I'm a loner remember?" I answered plainly as I move away from them. I just watch them move our furnitures from the truck.

"Pssst.....!" I was startled when I glance to the direction where the sound came from. An eye is peeking from a hole on the weather beaten wooden fence beside me.  Suddenly I noticed the old house beside ours."I didn't saw that earlier." I whispered then I looked back to the hole on the fence but the person who's peeking on it is no longer in there.

"Chelsea we need a hand! Come over here!" My  Dad shouted. I just shrugged my shoulder as I runs towards him. Days had passed and I no longer remember that incident until one day.

I was at the lawn reading my favorite book. When I heard that sound again....
"Pssstt...!" My eyes was focus on the open window of the old house besides that old wooden fence. My eyes widen when I saw a pale boy same age as mine is waving at me with a pleasant smile on his face. I hesitated for a moment but his pleasant aura made me wave  back at him.

"Chelsea it's time for our lunch come over here the table is set and the foods are ready." My dad calls as he went to out to our porch. "Who are you waving at sweetie?"

I quickly look back at the window of the old house. But just like what happened from the last time he disappeared again.  I followed my Dad to our dining area silently.  I ate my lunch silently not even paying attention to my parents  conversation. Their topic doesn't capture my attention. They are talking about our new home,how peaceful this village is and how accomodating our neighbors are.

"3 days from now sweetie you will start your schooling. Are you excited? It will be fun to have new friends!" My Dad exclaimed in cheerful tone.

I just stares at him and I went back to my lunch. My Mom just sighs as she gave my Dad a worried look. None of  us tried to speaks or even tried to continue the conversation. After finishing my lunch I excused myself and I went upstairs  where my room is located.

I look out of the window and I stares at the old house. "Who are you?" I whispered as the pleasant smile of the pale boy keeps on flashing on my mind."

Its been raining for 2 days that why I have to stay at my room. His smile and face keeps on flashing on my mind. Tommorow will be my first day of school. So I have to sleep early.

The next day.

The first day went well (I guess). After the introduction I just went back to my seat and pulled my hoodie over my head. I remained silent for whole day. No one tried to talk to me and I already expected that to happen. Who will talk to a loner and weird girl like me right?. The school bell rangs indicating its time for us to go home. I haven't received my schoolbus pass so I have to ride a Cab on my home. But I just choose to walk all the way. I plugged one of my earphones I play my favorite song. I received a message from my Mom.
"Where are you? You're supposed to be home by 4 pm it's almost 5." I quickly responded to her. " I haven't received my pass don't worry I will be home in a few minutes."

I was walking on the  sidewalk when I was startled when an eerie voice of a boy greeted me followed by chilling sensation that lingers on my whole body.
"Hello there! You're the girl I saw last time right?" The voice said. I was too startled that I dropped all my books.

I immediately picked it up one by one. I saw a pair of pale hands helping me to pick up my stuffs. I accidentally touches his hand and I felt  chills rundown my spine. His skin is icy cold. I immediately look at his face and my heart beats faster when I recognized his face. It's him! The boy that I saw few days ago. He's wearing that pleasant smile again.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." He said in apologetic tone. " I'm Sebastian and You are?"

I quickly fixed my self and I tried to maintain my poise. I tried so hard to hide my excitement. "H-hello! M-My N-name Is Chelsea." I stammered. I silently scolded myself for messing up. I didnt even realized that I was just few steps away from our home and now I'm standing in front of the rusty gate of the old house.

"I'm Please  to meet you" He answered as he lend his hand. I cordially accepted it as we did an handshake. That icy cold sensation again. That chills that running on whole body. His skin is cold as ice and but I tried to ignored it because I do not him to feel offended.

Suddenly my cellphone rings and my Mom is calling me. I excuse myself as I answered the call.
"What are you doing in there  I can see you from the window of your room. It will rain soon go home immediately. " she said and she hang up.

"Sebastian sorry but I needed to-" but Sebastian is gone... again 😕😔 I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to him. I went home sadly.

During the dinner I remained silent as always. After I finish my meal. I went upstairs and I retired for the night for I have classes tomorrow.

As always the schoolday was the same like the other day.  I remained silent for the whole day and nobody bothers to talk to me. My pass is still unavailable and instead of commuting i chose to walk all the way home. I quickly runs toward the old house  Im hoping that I will see Sebastian again. But I was shocked to see my parents talking to a middle aged woman and she's pointing the house as she wipes her tears.

"We should to live there. But after the day of that incident my parents chose to move to another house. The death of my twin  brother really brokes my Mother's heart." She said she showed my parents a very old photograph of a young twins with same age as mine.

"That's Sebastian! Where is he!?" I asked excitedly. The 3 of them gave me an horrified look as if I said something weird." What's the matter?  Did I said something weird?"

The woman gave my parents an confused look.
"How did you know who's Sebastian is?" She asked me nervously.

I smiled at her as I narrated the incidents. The eye that is peeking on hole of the wooden fence and the boy who was waving at me from the window of the old House.
"I met him yesterday! Right here! And he introduce himself.He said his name is Sebastian!" I answered excitedly. " Where is he?"

My parent's faces turns pale as they hugged me tightly.

"My dear that is impossible!" The woman exclaimed "Sebastian! My twin was murdered  in that house 35 years ago!

And  out of Nowhere.....
"Hi Chelsea!" Sebastian greeted me as he touches my face with his icy cold bloodstained hands.

The end.