Twenty-Eight (28) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (II)

Start from the beginning

Ymir then looked at Historia. "We're going with Reiner and Bertolt!! Both of us! Come with me! There's no future inside these walls!" Ymir said.

Historia was dumbfounded.

"What...?"

Ymir coughed once more, she then looked down. "Okay, Historia? It's not so bad outside the walls. There's no one out here...no one will say it'd be better...if you'd never been born."

Historia was even more shocked, and also confused. "...?! Yeah, I wouldn't expect titans to tell me something like that! They'd be too busy trying to eat me!!" Historia said.

"W...we all have our short-comings, right?! They're not so bad if you can just ignore that stuff!" Ymir said.

"Ymir?! None of what you're doing or saying...is making any sense at all!" Historia said. She then realized something when her eyes glanced at Bertolt. "It must be...that Reiner and Bertolt...forced you into this, right?"

"It's...the other way around..."
Bertolt said.

Ymir gritted her teethand stared at Historia who still can't believe that she's doing these things. "That must be it, right?! Right?!" Historia said.

The blond-girl shut her eyes. "I'll fight together with you, so just let go!! I don't care about your reasons or your secrets!" Historia then stared at Ymir. "No matter what happens! I'm on your side!" Historia said.

Ymir stared at Historia with a stunned look on her face. She then shut her eyes and gritted her teeth.

"Ymir!!" Historia said.

Bertolt looked back and saw the survey corps are almost near them. He felt shivers down on his spine, upon sighting Y/n and Mikasa glaring at him. "Look...the survey corps is catching up. They're right behind us. If we hadn't stopped, we could've gotten away faster...now they're going to catch us because...we got reckless and brought Krista along!" Bertolt looked down and shut his eyes.

"Ahh... Ymir...why?!" Bertolt then looked at the brunette-lady titan shifter. "What did we go to all these lenghts for...?! Have you changed your mind again? Have you decided to stay inside the wall with Krista?
Well, Ymir?!" Bertolt said.

Ymir just gritted her teeth as she stare down. "Ymir!! Hurry! Let go!!" Historia said.

Ymir looked at Historia, she gritted her teeth even more. "I can't!!"

Historia was shocked, even Bertolt. The brunette looked down and remained silent for a while.

Then a bitter smile slowly crept onto her lips as she looked at Historia. "Historia...to be honest...I snatched you...to save myself...." Ymir said.

Historia was surprised.

"A long time ago, I stole the titan power from one of their people. Their power is absolute inside or outside the walls. There's nowhere for me to run. At this rate, I'm going to be killed. But...if I help in handing you over to them...these two said they'd speak on my behalf...to get my crimes pardoned. It's because you're so important to the wallist, who knows the secret of the walls." Ymir said.

Historia's eyes widened as she went silent and just stared at Ymir.

"It's you, isn't it? You're the mistress's daughter who was expelled from the family..."

"Back when the world changed... I thought that being with you...would be insurance for the near future."

"Does it...have something to do with my family?"

"Yeah. It does."

"I almost died fighting at the tower...I just couldn't take it any more. I was scared of dying...I wanted someone to save me, somehow...I lied and told you I was doing this...all for you...but actually, it was all for my own sake..." Ymir gritted hee teeth and shut her eyes. "...I'm begging you, Historia..." Ymir looked at Historia with pleading eyes. "Please...! Please save me!"