Part 3 - Chapter 12

Depuis le début

"Jealous?"

"Yeah. I mean that guy is clearly head over heels for you. Think about it. He waited years to be with you. Years. Most guys now aren't even willing to wait more than a week for someone. He was ready to do anything to have you and keep you. I'm not saying I agree with what he did but... I don't know."

Yeah, that makes two of us because I don't know what to think either, I thought, dropping my gaze to the counter. 

When I looked back up, Alex had cocked his head to the side as he observed me.

"There's someone else, isn't it?" He asked.

I deeply resented the blush that rose to my cheeks as an image of Rindou crossed my mind. 

"The guy from prison?" Alex guessed.

I nodded, looking down.

"You like him?" He asked.

"I... I don't know."

Alex placed his index under my chin and gently lifted my face until our eyes met again. "I think you do."

His gaze drifted to something behind me and the smile fell from his face. "Shit. My manager's looking at me." He quickly dropped his hand down and leaned back up. "I should get back to work."

I turned around to try to see who his manager was, and somehow, I felt his presence before my gaze even settled on his.

Rindou.

With Ran, Sanzu, Kokonoi and other men I didn't recognize, he was sitting on a leather couch in one of the VIP rooms at the back of the club, a cigarette dangling from his lips. Not once taking his gaze off mine, he spread his legs a little more, rested an elbow on the armrest and took a long draw on his cigarette. Then he leaned back in the couch and rested his head against the wall behind him as he slowly exhaled. A thin veil of cigarette smoke hid his face for a moment, but when it dissipated, he was still watching me.

Another stupid blush spread across my cheeks and I saw him smile a slow, slow smile. My thoughts and breath were cut off by the sight.

Noticing that his brother was entranced in a staring contest with somebody, Ran glanced over at me. His expression turned from curious to amused as his eyes settled on me, and the heat of his gaze warmed every inch of my body. The two brothers watched me for a long time, so long I felt my heart beat faster under the weight of their gazes.

How could I have known this was a club they owned? I didn't even know what their work consisted in.

Averting my eyes, I downed my drink and set the glass down on the counter before making my way to the dancefloor. I weaved through the crowd of dancers and stopped in the middle in an attempt to hide from the two brothers' stares.

I started dancing, swaying my hips to the music, sweat glistening on my skin.  A very handsome guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes quickly came to dance with me. My eyes fluttered shut. I was so intoxicated that I didn't even care when I felt him touch my thighs and trail his hands up my legs. The feeling of his cold rings against my feverish skin sent a rippling sensation through me. 

But when I opened my eyes again, I saw the man raise a drink to his lips with both hands. There were no rings on his fingers. Confusion clouded my thoughts. If there were no rings on his fingers and if he wasn't the one touching me, then how come I could still feel his rings and hands on my thighs? That's when the hands that were still on my thighs slid up to my waist, pressing my back against a firm chest.

"You really thought I'd let another man touch you? In my own fucking club?" Rindou growled in my ear, his deep voice wrapping around my body at the same time he wrapped his arms around me.