The Chaos Is Already Brewing

Camden waited for 15 minutes for someone to come down and show him the ropes. He sat with the other kids and teens and he was beginning to feel like one of them. A woman with purple-dyed hair, blue eyes and a lip piercing showed up and looked at Camden. "Are you Camden?", she asked, "The new owner?". Camden nodded and he was ready to hear a barrel of laughter come from her mouth. The receptionist was listening and he smiled at the thought of running this place. "I'm Joan", the girl introduced herself, "Follow me and I'll show you the office and give you a general tour". Camden followed the small girl and he felt like he was in school again. Joan took a left in the hallway which was carpeted and she stood at the foot of a small staircase. They both ascended the stairs where a thick, brown door stood at the top. Joan opened the door and Camden saw it was the office. Stepan's stuff had already been cleared out and Camden sat behind the desk and thought. "The living space is just the other side of this door", Joan said, pitying to the door on the right of the room, "Would you like to continue with the tour?". Camden traced the edge of the desk with his finger and sighed. "I guess there's no turning back now", he joked. 

After they descended the staircase, Joan took Camden to the cafeteria which was quiet around this time of day as the residents were supposed to be in school. "The kids get 3 meals a day here", she explained, "You can get food here as well, although I wouldn't recommend it". Camden looked at the pasta on show and his stomach turned, looking at the black corkscrews and the sad pesto sauce. They exited the cafeteria and went into the TV/ games room which had a 50" Samsung TV, pool table, foosball table and a jukebox. "Games and TV room", Joan explained in a monotone tone, "Explains itself, nothing too special". Camden stepped back and he felt his shoe go back into something. When he lifted the bottom of his shoe up, he saw he had stepped in a nig wad of chewing gum and he sighed. He could already feel the chaos brewing and he hated it already.