IX

A hero, he was supposed to be a hero. Someone who would smile in the face of danger and make everyone around him feel safe.

The pride of their country, treated like a king even, welcomed by a grandiose parade accompanied by a large cheering crowd. Yet Haider couldn't care less for it.

He was simply anticipating the moment he could finally return to his house, where his lovely wife and daughter were waiting for him. He could already picture the look on their faces, a smile sitting itself on his features. It didn't go unnoticed, of course but most assumed it was the joy of finally returning home.

......
His house wasn't a large mansion, at least not one befitting of a war hero such as himself. But one on the very outskirts of the rowdy capital, a well tended garden with all sorts of plants and a fence surrounding it.

A slight knock on the door was all it took for his daughter, [d/n] to burst it open.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She jumped onto him, ignoring his uniform.

"I'm home!"

"I missed you so much, why'd you never reply to any of my letters?"

"I'm sorry love, you dad was a little busy but I'm here now and I won't be going anywhere!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! Where's mom, [d/n]?"

"Mommy? She's in the back-garden! She's been weird ever since they said you'd