Booming Doom

"Oh my gosh Vanessa, what a surprise! What are you doing here?" I say with fake shock.

Vanessa, my ex, smirks at me. "Funny you should ask that Cedric. I was actually accompanying Richard to the party." she says with a smug grin.

I scrunch my face up, trying to think of who she's talking about. Finally it hits me.

"Oh! You mean Dick Grayson! Anyway, what about him?" I ask as I blink a few innocent times.

She scoffs and crosses her arms "I accompanied him to the party."

I nod slowly "Yes I know, you said that." I cock my head and raise an eyebrow "I'm sorry, did you want me to be jealous or something?"

"Why would I care if you were jealous or not?" Vanessa says snippily before smirking "Richard darling is head over heels with me!"

My phone buzzes and I check it to see a text from Dick "Abandoning building now to go on patrol."

I smirk down at my screen then walk past Vanessa.

"Honey don't get yourself worked up, Richard darling takes every girl out. Have a goodnight Vanessa." I say as she stutters and turns to watch me leave.

My car is driven around by a man and as he gets out I get in.

I start to drive back to my house where I'll wait all night to see if I get called by someone in the batfamily. They normally don't call because they normally don't get hurt or nothing goes wrong but recently they've been slacking and have been getting hurt more. I swear Alfred needs to force them to train more.

When I drive up my driveway I park in the garage then walk up the stairs into my house.

I head to the kitchen to first heat up some Ramen because the party's food was absolutely disguisting and mostly made up of sushi and mini fish sandwiches. Fish is the worst food in my own opinion but that didn't stop me from forcing myself to eat it to be polite tonight.

Once my bowl of noodles is ready I head to my office and chow down while I pull up the Batman's tracker.

He was in an alley fighting with Robin.

My phone rang and I turned away from the screen to look for which phone was ringing.

I have many phones for different occasions. My desk phone is for normal people, my hand phone is for business and the Bat members, and my earpiece phone is for all of the above.

I find out that it's my desk phone.

"Hello?" I ask as I pick up and slurp more noodles.

"Are you watching closely?" A hissing voice says before they hang up.

I blink in confusion. "Hello?" I ask as I check the phone again.

Well that was weird.

A sinking feeling fills my stomach and I quickly look back at the tracker screen.

Batman was somewhere else but Robin was still in the alley.

It could be nothing but control is something I have to have.

It was a quiet night and no one was around Robin. If anything I was the closest and could get there faster.

I jump up and run down stairs and to my fastest car.

If something happened to Damian its gonna be crap for all of us! Now it could have been nothing and really the tracker just fell off. Which would be weird because the tracker was in his left arm!

This made me speed faster and call Batman.

"What?" Batman asked.

"Bats, is Robin with you?!" I ask quickly as I make a sharp turn.