Bloody 32: Descendant of the Dragon God

Start from the beginning

"That damn short-tempered guy," I muttered under my breath. Pinilit ko ang aking sarili na tumayo. I propped my arm against the tree to support myself. Once I have stabilized my breathing, I immediately moved on the direction back to the manor. Habang tumatakbo ay muli kong naalala ang mga nangyari kanina.

"Lady Astrid of Darah clan, I ask you to come with us."

After my wonderful speech, Captain immediately found me. Noong mga oras na iyon ay hindi ko magawang humarap sakanya. I was afraid that his sharp eyes will immediately see through my disguise. What else could I do? I don't want to expose myself yet. I hastily covered my wrists with thick blood to hide Captain's cuffs. I also shaped it like wrist blades to avoid suspicion.

"Arghh, I need to go faster before my clone disappears."

After what it seems like hours of running, the manor's lights appeared before me. Sa wakas ay malapit na akong makalabas sa gubat na ito. Despite the awful fatigue and weariness, a smile crept in my face. I can't believe I have succeeded in escaping. This is a noteworthy achieveme---

"There you are. You took a longer time than I expected."

I froze in my place. Unti-unti kong inangat ang aking mukha at napalunok dahil sa pigurang lumabas mula sa isang puno. I then saw Captain's tall figure leaning against the tree. His head was  lowered as he played with a masquerade mask. The black strands of his hair covered his face, making his aura even more intimidating than ever. He looks like an assassin merging with the darkness as he awaits for a prey.

"Oh you're there? I'm sorry but you are mistaken, handsome gentleman. I am merely a clone. My true body is still running in the forest. I'll guide you to her." That was what I wanted to say but I think it wasn't the best choice of words to say right now.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Mr. Elliot?" I spoke with a low and cold voice which I must say is the complete opposite of Sangria Augustus' playfulness I have always displayed.

"Why go through all this trouble just to chase me? We both know we don't have time for this." Dugtong ko pa, dahilan upang umangat ang kanyang tingin sa akin.

"Those deep red eyes, bloodthirsty presence and superior trait that allows you to manipulate blood. You are indeed a Darah, are you?"

"It seems like you doubt my identity?" I arched a brow in interest.

"Killing people with such careless and nonchalant behavior. It's not something that a Darah would do. You are tainting the reputation of an honorable clan." I can hear a trace of disgust and contempt in his voice...which is kind of surprising. Hindi ko inakala na ang isang katulad niya ay papanig sa clan na matagal ng sinira at tinapak-tapakan.

The people of my clan dedicated their lives for the empire but our merits were  greedily stolen by malicious people. My clan's soldiers are valiant warriors who fought for the empire's peace, they have bravely put their lives on the line for what?

Betrayal? Accusations? They only got doubts and mistrust from the people they've always protected. No one has stood up for us, no one...

"Interesting words you spouted there. The honor of Darah clan has long been tarnished by unscrupulous people from Gaia clan. You don't have the right to speak for us." Certain images of my relatives from mother's memories flooded in my mind. I wonder if they're still alive somewhere. Hindi ako naniniwalang ubos na ang aking pamilya. I have faith in my clan's divine strength. They are not the kind of people who will lose to wealth and malice. At least not without a fight.

The citizens of this empire had already viewed my clan as merciless monsters who joined hands with demons. It was already engraved in people's minds and it will be difficult to change things without solid evidence. The Gaia clan hid the truth of the war years ago, manipulating the minds of everyone. They had stole everything from us and tainted our name. Those cunning elders...That thought alone managed to stir my long-held anger and animosity.