𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬

Comincia dall'inizio

y/n's head peaked out of the bathroom about five minutes later. "towel, please."

vinnie hopped off the bed, lightly jogging to grab her warm towel so she wouldn't have to stand exposed for any longer than needed. he handed her the towel, y/n quickly shutting the bathroom door to wrap it around her body before stepping out of his restroom.

her hair was slightly soaked at the ends, but for the most part, it was dry. she waddled over to her drawer.

yes, she had her own drawer, this, unfortunately, happened too often for her not to have one.

she slipped on a pair of underwear as vinnie kept his gaze on your phone, no matter how much he wanted to look and drown the poor girl in compliments.

"vinnie?" her small voice made its way to his ears. vinnie looked up from his phone, finding y/n fidgeting with her fingers as she rocked back and forth on her heels.

"what is it, lovie?"

"can i wear your clothes, i feel safer when i'm in 'em," she mumbled quite shyly. vinnie resisted the urge to grin like a maniac.

"always, y/n/n."

y/n came out of vinnie's closet in one of his shirts and only that, though vinnie was sweatpants and only that. his eyes were heavy, he needed sleep, but he'd stay up all night if she wanted him to.

"you're tired," she stated, making vinnie chuckle a bit.

"well yeah, it's two in the morning." they shared a short laugh.

"me too," she sighed, and he knew it was more than just a "long day" tired.

it was everything. the hate, her relationship, her thoughts, the constant ringing- no, shouting in that beautiful head of hers. she felt like someone was gripping harshly at her fragile heart, that grip tightening every day until they would finally rip it out and put her out of her misery.

"come to bed," vinnie said through a yawn, tapping the empty spot beside him. he hadn't realized, but he had unconsciously climbed into the bed.

y/n laid down next to him, facing his sleepy gaze. honestly, she could stare at him forever, and vice versa of course.

she carefully ran her tiny fingers over vinnie's features, paying extra attention to the dark bags under his drowsy eyes. he sent her a little smile, which she happily returned. she could never help it. no matter how shitty things got, vinnie could always make her smile.

they laid there for a while, neither of them sure how long, just gazing at each other. it made y/n's heart feel safe, the kind of safe she'd been dreaming of her entire life.

she'd realized, that's why she always ran to vinnie. because he reminded her that she was always safe when she was with him.

it didn't matter how fucked her mental health or relationship got, vinnie was always going to be there, and she knew that.

"i like you like this," vinnie muttered sleepily, not fully comprehending what he was telling y/n.

"like what," she asked. his fingers reached out for her hair, grabbing a stray, damp tot in front of her eyes and carefully placing it behind her ear.

"no makeup, wet hair, in my shirt," he shrugged, tucking his hand back under the covers as his eyes grew heavier. y/n couldn't stop the small smile that ran across her lips.

"i like you always," she responded, causing a warm smile to replace vinnie's once emotionless face.

he reached out for y/n's hand, interlacing their fingers.