12

Daisy places a cup of coffee in front of me as the blazing midday sun shines relentlessly on the kitchen's opening view. My eyes rest upon the coffee, a dark liquor mixed with brown beans and water, while the sound of the newslady talking in one corner from the TV. My mind is occupied with the incident that happened yesterday afternoon. I hold my anger and swallow my frustration, hiding my annoyance behind a facade to avoid inquiries.

She inches closer across the counter as her shadow creeps up upon the coffee. I tilt my head upward and observe the corner of her mouth drawn downward and eyebrows pulling closer together.

"How are you feeling?" She asks quietly.

my shoulders hunches, and gaze at the floor. "I'm sorry."

Daisy slightly sighs in resignation, pressing each palm against the counter. "We'll talk about it later, I promise. What happened yesterday?"

The irritation pricks at me as I reminisce everything from yesterday. My nostrils flare in annoyance, taking a small slip. "James Gordon needed to see me, but we were interrupted by a loud explosion in the bank. A couple of thugs tried to steal money, thanks to Joker. It took a different turn when he went against his own people and killed everyone inside the facility with bombs attached to the walls, " My hand balls into a fist in anger. "I couldn't save them."

Daisy swallows hard with sadness clouding her features. "I'm sorry, Bruce. I know how much it means to you to save people."

A muscle in my jaw twitches until it ranges from anger to guilt. "Daisy, I just want to tell you I'm sorry. The way I treated you lately has been horrible. Since I woke up, I have been stressing, and coming home to find out I have a son is devasting how much time has passed. I wanted to be part of it. "The corners of my eyes crinkle as I gaze into hers.

She slid her small hand on top of my fist, gently squeezing it with a smile. "Thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. I miss you more than you can imagine. I want you to be part of our son's life and mine. "

The corner of my mouth lifts a half-smile. "I will. You just have to give me a little time to bring him down." She nods in agreement and twirls over the counter, wrapping both arms around my strong body.

"Of course," She says with a reassuring tone. "Does that include cat-woman?"

A chuckle slips out of my mouth while my arms slide around her tiny waist, slightly lifting my head. "If it's needed, unfortunately."

Daisy rolls her eyes, followed by a scoff. "Of course."

I push her closer as my chin buries between her chest, and the familiar scent burns through my nostrils. "I love you."

A smile lit up on her lips, with joy sparkling through her. "I love you too."

My eyes flicker past her and onto the TV once I hear the news lady bringing up my name. I quickly release my arms and stroll over to the living room, grasping onto the controller and turning the volume up.

"Chief Mackenzie Brock has released a statement that Batman is a threat to society. His sudden appearance in the bank robbery brought speculation about whether he is just a man in a suit or a hero for Gotham. Despite the recent updates, the community has spoken and chosen to stand on his side. Numerous victims of malicious attacks have told their stories about Batman rescuing them. There is yet information if whether he is here for a good purpose or a dead-end for the city."

I shut off the TV and threw the controller on top of the desk with rage fueling my blood vessel. "If James weren't at the police station, he would've been walking around with a broken arm."