Kidnapped

Yet again, it was very dark...

You finally woke up as the lasting effects of the chloroform made you cough it out. Once you slowly opened your eyes, memories began to form again and in sheer panic you started to look around at your surroundings, your hands and legs tightly tied to a wooden chair.

You couldn't quite tell where you were exactly, it wasn't a basement, a ware house, nor an abandoned hospital....those were usually typical places you'd find yourself in when you're being held hostage, you thought. It looked like an old untied research room instead, with some kind of papers and maps pinned all over the damaged walls, scribbled on with some kind of a red marker, question marks embed on every corner, then there was a huge wooden table with another set of equipment you couldn't name. It made you feel a little relieved that the person might not have bad intentions with you...You sighed, when suddenly a leathered hand came up from behind, caressing your right jawline. You gasped in shock as you didnt even hear them approach you, your heart quickened once the unknown figure, breathing ever so loudly, got close to your left ear now, still being out of your sight.
"Oooh i thought the day would never come..." The man finally spoke, leaving shivers down your spine as his warm breath through the mask entered your ear. It was the Riddler....he sounded as threatening as the way you saw him on the news. You couldn't help but hold your breath in shock.
"15 years since the both of us met, and your smell is the same as I remember it" he said as he whispered those words in a raspier voice, his one hand still caressing your left jawline as if you were some kind of a puppy dog.
"I-i i dont recall....recall meeting you before. T-this must be a miss understanding" you mumbled very quietly, he moved closer, almost leaning in.
"Oh you do remember me...it's"
"NO!" You shouted, making the riddler stop caressing you "i-i seriously dont recall a fucking thing right now, w-what do you want!" The fear inside you gave in yet again, making you break into tears. There was no way youd leave anytime soon.

The riddler let go off your jawline to step in front of you, now towering with his silhouette and blocking the incoming light from the ceiling, he was fairly tall....6'1' you would have guessed. You looked up at him with your watery eyes, while his kept staring at you through the white glasses in silence. His hand yet again reached out to your jaw, caressing it lightly.
"Y/N...." He breathed out, almost moaned your name, the way he purposely talked like that made you feel uncomfortable every time.
"I dont...know how you know my name, but you better make it quick" the riddler sniggered at your response, almost amused.

"Orphan...does that tell you anything? I certainly was one..." once those words came out of his mouth, u distinctively remembered those dark years where you actually were an orphan as well, without a family and a warm place to stay. Still u had no idea what he was referring to but Riddler soon followed up on your thoughts
"It feels like yesterday...oh yes...when i was shivering in cold and you came to me...and gave me your torn up coat just to make me feel a little warmer that day. Y/N L/N...that one person who made me feel seen and important for once. Look at me now!" He cackled for himself.
You looked at him completely confused, those days were far gone and u certainly didn't like to think back to those moments of your life. You were lucky enough that by the time you were 10 you got adopted by a fairly rich family and were able to start a new normal life, as for him though...you could only remember the Riddler how he looked...a 15 year old kid with blonde hair and glasses. The man who was standing in front of you now, certainly wasnt the same anymore.

The Riddler expected some kind of a response but you stayed in silence looking at the ground, which made him a little impatient for some reason.

"Well that's disappointing...i expected a different a reaction..."

"What do you expect me to say?" Since it was revealed to you that he's longing for some kind of recognition, you didnt feel as threatened anymore "Its been 15 years....ive moved on, worst thing is that you're SELFISH enough to cut me off from my family just so you could talk to me. Does social interaction tell YOU anything? " and you soon figured that raising your voice at him wasn't the best idea. The Riddler sighed and walked up to the wooden table that was set next to a wall, grabbing some kind of a tool. Once he turned around, the thing he picked up seemed to be a small sharp dagger, already dirty from dry blood, he approached closer.