Chapter 39 || Alexei

Start from the beginning

Jayce glances at me with a raised eyebrow but I just offer Mason a faux-pout as I hold back a laugh, "You are sensitive," I joke and Jayce snorts, patting Mason's cheek and brushing past him, taking the bag off the ground for me.

"You are very annoying individuals," He huffs and whines. I look to Jayce who holds a hand out, pulling me onto the jet.

"I'll make it up to you," I shrug and he rolls his eyes with a ghosting smile, "That's what you say every time."

"You know, Mase. You keep frowning like that, you're gonna get wrinkles," Jayce pouts out her lip then smiles when Mason goes to hit her but misses.

"Irritating. So irritating."

I laugh as he closes the door and go to help Yelena get this hunk of junk off the ground. Jayce looks around the jet and fiddles with things I continuously tell her not to.

"This thing is older than Steve, I'm calling it now."

Looking over my shoulder, I smile as Jayce starts to change into the black spider-suit she concocted herself. It's different enough from her original suit that no one will hopefully second guess it, but it's similar enough that she won't be thrown off by the feeling.

Her brain is so fascinating. I can make my own weapons, sure, but Jayce knows coding and technology and engineering like no one else. Her and Tony are similar in that way. They can make something out of a paper clip if you asked them to.

"Suit looks good, Spider."

"Nah-uh, not spider. It's uh...um...shit. Noir! Yeah, yeah that's it." She pulls on the mask and poses with her hands on her hips in a superhero stance, chin lifted high in confidence.

My lips pull in between my teeth in suppression of laughter while I stand up and walk over to her, "You look very intimidating, darling."

"I know you are lying between your teeth but thank you little spider." She pulls the mask up and leans in, giving me a peck on the lips before handing me my white widow suit.

"Put this on, I guarantee it looks hot as hell on you," She smirks devilishly and I squint my eyes at her, snatching away the suit and jabbing my thumb to the front.

"Keep her company. No peeking."

"Yes ma'am," She glances me up and down and breathes out, "We better get this guy and find the Red Room fast because I'm starting to get hungry."

My eyes widen at her bold comment and stare up at her, seeing the dark lust swirling in her eyes, the hunger and desire poking at me.

Flipping her off, I lightly push her towards Yelena and turn around to start changing. I take my hair out of the braid and let my hair flow freely, another thing I know Jayce loves.

Jayce POV

"So this Alexei is your guys' fake dad?" I question and Yelena side glances at me with a dark look, puffing out her cheeks.

"Dad."

"That's what I just said," I chuckle but she rolls her eyes, "Y/N Parker you are stupid. You said fake dad. He was our dad...I don't care what Natasha told you. He is our dad."

Okay...clearly a sensitive subject for her. When Natasha told her she wasn't really her sister yesterday, I saw how it affected Yelena. She was hurt, truly hurt. Felt like she was just kicked in the gut, probably.

From just that reaction, and seeing the way she looks at Natasha, like she truly looks up to her and sees her as her sister, I just know that Yelena's a lot like me. Except in my case, I am the older sister and Peter's the younger sibling.