"I still haven't forgiven you. And I'm pissed so I suggest you don't touch me." I say trying to stand up and finally succeeding.

"Why are you pissed? And you forgave me last night."

"Your fucking ex-girlfriend. And I was drunk last night so it doesn't count."

"Wait Vanessa? What did she do?"

"Nothing you're going to worry about."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Max every time I have brought her up in the past all you do is defend her. You don't even hear me you just instantly think she didn't do anything wrong."

"We dated for a long time, it's kind of hard to not defend someone you once loved."

"Cool, cool. I'm gonna-" I get cut off by the door of the dining hall opening and Chase comes out. He looks at me and brings me my phone.

"You left your phone and I thought you might want some help, with the stairs I mean." He says handing me my phone. I thank him and turn to Max and see that he's getting mad. Why the hell is he mad?

"I'm gonna go." I state, but Max is still not looking at me. "Max?" I try again, but still doesn't listen to me. "Max!" He finally looks at me and nods.

"Fine, but this conversation is not over." Chase and I are about to leave but I turn around.

"I just have one question. Did you tell her that my parents are dead?" he stay silent looking down, and I nod chuckling humorlessly. "Guess I got my answer." We walk out of the main building going straight to Fredrickson. Chase helps me up the stairs and we walk into the room. I lay down in my bed and close my eyes for a second. Next thing I knew I was asleep.

...

When I wake up I was wrapped up in one of the extra blankets I keep in my closet and there was nobody in the room. I honestly felt rested. When I look outside the window I see the reason why. The sun was already setting. I close my eyes debating whether or not to stand up and actually do something productive. The sound of the door opening makes me groan internally.

"She's still sleeping?" I hear Lucas' voice ask. "She's gonna need to eat again at some point. We should wake her up."

"Don't she never sleeps well, this is the first time since she got here that I have seen her sleep for so long." This time it was Chase the one that spoke. I hear his desk chair move and I also heard the squeaking of his bed. I open my eyes deciding that I'm gonna wake up, and look towards Chase Desk seeing him there studying. Then look at Lucas to see that he's on his phone.

"I was already awake." I say startling the two boys.

"Jesus Christ." Chase says with a hand to his chest. He turns around to see me already sat up and wrapped up in my tortilla blanket. "When did you wake up?"

"A minute before you guys walked in." I say unwrapping myself from the blanket.

"Max came over earlier. He wanted to talk to you."

"Do I have any assignments?" I ask ignoring the Max comment

"You have three assignments. Mr. Waters is still visiting his family. Mr. Green has the flue so does Mr. Richards. And Mrs. Tomlinson didn't want to do anything today." He replays the day in his head. "You really chose the best time to not go to school didn't you?"

"I guess I did." I smile at him turning towards Lucas. "So did anything interesting happen today, besides my very beautiful break down in the dining hall?"

"Not much." He shrugs and starts listing all the things that happened today. "I almost got detention for skipping class, as per usual. Elle punched Vanessa. Chase Almost killed me when he farted in History class. I ate some M&M's and I was reminded of you because well you know your name is Maddison McKenna, M&M. I-" He was about to say something else but I cut him off.