Chapter 5 - "Showtime!"

Start from the beginning

Thanks for the praise! Having Neptune experience these situations and being able to meet with all these characters has been the main motivation for me writing this story! 😊

And now here comes the review I've been mentioning a bit earlier, typed up by snipervtk4. It's quite long, so I'll quickly break it down:

· "But for simplicity sake, Nep can use up to Tier 3 weapon class (something similar to Type 17/19 Pulse Katana. Tier 4 and above either required specialization (as you all know, Tier 4 are "Gacha" weapons and can up PRI-ARMS depends on if it's a signature or not)."

· "This is Hack and slash game, and enemies WON'T wait for their turn to attack, and some of said attack can be very OP in Turn base game, so you need to balance it out."

· "How can Nep generate EP needed to use her skill? As you know, most HI3 skills are passive, and no Turn or AP needed. This will handicap Nep to oblivions."

Okay, so the main problem that I have with this review is that it's assuming that the whole story will play out down to the EXACT gameplay of both Honkai and Neptunia. And whilst that will be the case for all of the characters' attack animations, it needs to be stressed out that the gameplay does not equal the actual story, or the true capabilities of the characters.

In Honkai's main story, there is no mention of "EP", "Gacha Weapons" or "PRI-ARMS". Similarly, Neptunia's main stories do not mention that the characters are restricted by "Turns", "SP" or "Party Members" outside of meta jokes, so as such – every single character (from both universes) in this story will primarily follow what they've accomplished and is established in canon (cutscenes/story).

They WILL NOT follow the restrictions set on them by the gameplay, as it was done purely for just that to begin with – the gameplay.

· "Honkai Corruption is really a thing. Let just hope that the Will of Honkai won't caught senses of interloper and start ramp up their crusade to end Civilization."

Well, I certainly don't plan to just blindly follow the main Honkai canon... Soooooooooo 😉

· "Finally, thx 4 the chap. 4ward seeing new chapter. I knew enough Nep to know how much she loves to break 4th Wall just for curiosity XD"

Hehe, no probs. I hope you enjoy this one as well!

Alright, that's all the reviews responded to. Onward!

=================================================

Chapter 5 – "Showtime"

After Neptune pulled herself together, she walked into the large, wide-open hall with the same cheerful smile she always had, with Mei following her by her side.

A lot of the students that were expected to be in this hall eyed the two students, with a lot of them being pleasantly surprised that Neptune was supposedly the new student that would be joining them today – and was evident by the amount of gasping, cheering and with quite a few of the girls huddling in their groups in Neptune's direction to properly meet her.

In the distance, far outside the crowd, Kiana stood next to Bronya and Fu Hua – with Kiana folding her arms with a bit of an annoyed expression as she witnessed Neptune being bombarded with quite a few students that took interest in her – seeing Neptune reply back to them with the same cheerful smile made her unconsciously tap her foot repeatedly.

"Tch, just how is she so popular already?!" Kiana muttered, ending her statement off with a little "hmph".

"Maybe if Kiana Idiotka didn't gloat so much, then the Idiotka might be seeing similar treatment." Bronya replied back as she looked and took in Kiana's annoyed expression, sort of enjoying the banter in a way as Kiana looked back at her with killing intent. Bronya just went back to looking towards Neptune's direction like nothing ever happened, though.