STORY OF THE CHUBBY 36

Start from the beginning

‘Woah,’ I said to myself, laughing, as I walked back to the front of the car where Chris now stood, looking to the distance.

‘What kind of soda is this,’ I asked, handing Chris a can and opening mine. ‘I feel fine...but I feel funny too.’ I told him laughing, wondering why I was finding this funny.

Chris had a strange look on his face as he looked at his drink, my drink then me. ‘Are you just drinking this, Cecelia?’

I shook my head profusely, before stopping the action since I was getting dizzy, ‘I drank the whole can when I was back there...why?’ I asked, sipping on the delicious drink with the funny taste. I hadn’t even bothered to check its name when I had drank it.

Chris cleared his throat, a look of amusement and apology in his eyes. God, his eyes were beautiful even in the dark. ‘I’m glad you think my eyes are beautiful,’ Had I said that out loud? ‘But I have some rather not so good news for you. Depends on how you take it.’

I laughed, ‘Go ahead and tell me, silly! It can’t be thaaaaat bad!’ I said, dragging on the ‘a’ in that.

A smile played on his lips, before he pointed to my drink, ‘That’s not soda, Cecelia. It’s vodka. And judging by the way you look, I’d say you’re way past buzzed.’

***

‘You wanna know something?’ I asked Chris.

‘Yea?’ Chris turned to me.

‘I have never ever ever ever...in my eighteen years on this earth...gotten drunk!’

‘Really?’ Chris asked amusement in his eyes and in his voice.

‘Imagine! Is that, like, really bad?’ I asked pouting at him, before laying my head on his shoulder.

‘Naah,’ he said, throwing an arm over my shoulders. I sighed in content as I snuggled closer to his chest. ‘It’s actually okay that you’ve never gotten drunk. Although according to me, it’s part of life experience, you know.’

We we’re sitting in the back seat, all doors open, just enjoying each other’s company while the radio played. About an hour ago when the alcohol had really kicked in, I went into full hyper mode, singing songs off key at the top of my lungs, dancing although I’m damn sure I do not have a single dancing bone in my body. Chris played along and sang and danced with me although not so crazily.

‘You’ll have to drink about two bottles of water before you sleep though. Unless you want to wake up with a silly hangover,’ he said, chuckling. I giggled as I felt the vibrations of his chest as he laughed.

‘Hangover, hangover, hangover, hangover...party’s over, it’s hangover,’ I sang Snoop Dog and PSY’s Hangover song.

‘Right,’ Chris laughed again, ‘I should get you drunk more often, Chubbs.’

I lifted my head off his shoulder, ‘I’m Cecelia Chubby Chubbs...what’s my last name again?’

Chris laughed.

‘I’m serious,’ I pouted at him. ‘I think I forgot.’

‘Could it be...Edwards?’ he asked a mischievous glint in his eye.

‘Isn’t that yours?’ I asked, confused.

‘Well, it could be ours,’ he said, bringing his face close to mine. How do you breathe again? I held my breath as I watched him watch me.

Then I pushed him away, ‘You’re such a tease!’

He smirked, raising his hands in surrender, ‘I can’t help it.’