7

───── ❝ Turning your gaze ❞ ─────

Taehyung turned his attention back to the little omega girl who was still sleeping on his bed. He walked over to her and gently brushed the hair out of her face, checking to make sure she was still breathing. She seemed to be in a deep sleep, and he didn't want to disturb her. He grabbed a blanket and covered her up, making sure she was warm and comfortable.

Not very long ago, Lee Sehyun, an unemployed man, started his buisness in this area. Lee Sehyun, an ambitious and cunning alpha, had always been fascinated by the idea of running his own business. And when his brother-in-law, Jungseok, a struggling scientist, approached him with an idea for a medical drug business, Sehyun saw an opportunity to make a name for himself in the cut-throat world of corporate business.

Together, they started a business that focused on producing heat suppressants and other omega-friendly drugs. They marketed their products as a boon for the omega community, who had long been neglected and oppressed by the alpha-dominated society. Their business flourished, and they soon became one of the biggest players in the industry.

The business was a source of pride for Sehyun, especially when his omega wife gave birth to an omega baby boy. The baby was an instant sensation in the omega community, and Sehyun basked in the attention and admiration that came with being a successful omega-friendly businessman. He was hailed as a hero, a beacon of hope for the oppressed omegas, and all the credit went to him.

But behind the scenes, Sehyun's brother-in-law, Jungseok, seethed with jealousy. He had been the one who had developed the drugs, put in long hours in the lab, and yet Sehyun was the one taking all the credit.

When the omega boy was four years old, Jungseok planted a thought in Sehyun's mind that he couldn't shake: that alphas were superior to omegas, and that it was wrong to treat them as equals. Slowly but surely, Sehyun's attitude towards omegas began to change. He became distant from his own omega wife, and started to withdraw from the business that had once been his pride and joy.

And then, one day, Sehyun disappeared. He closed the company, sold off their mansion, and vanished without a trace. The sudden disappearance of the Lee family was a shock to everyone, but no one could figure out what had happened to them. The only thing that was clear was that there was suddenly a zero supply of heat suppressants and other omega drugs, and it was disastrous for the omega population.

During heat season, rape cases skyrocketed and omegas were more endangered than ever before. But since no one had filed a case, no one tried to investigate any further. It was as if the Lee family had never existed.

It wasn't until five years later that the company reappeared. For omegas, it was like a ray of light in the darkness. The drugs provided were more effective than ever before, and life seemed to be getting back on track towards omega security. But there were some who were not content to let the past be forgotten.