Chapter 5: Ayanokouji and Kushida's Second Secret

Before the show could start, The Voice spoke.

"Ahem! Everyone, attention please!" they said.

Noises of confusion came out of everyone's mouths in response. 

"From this point forwards, we'll be changing things up, just a tiny bit." 

"Hm? What do you mean?" asked Horikita.

"I'm saying that the way the story will be told will now be changing."

"Change how, exactly?" this time, it was Sakayanagi.

"It's not like major plot points won't happen anymore, so don't worry about it, Sakayanagi Arisu. Just the way they happen will be altered."

"I see."

"Plus, this way would be better for everyone else as well," continued The Voice.

"In what way?" asked Katsuragi.

"In the way that you'll be hearing and seeing a lot more Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's thoughts, which I'm sure is delighting news for most of you, isn't that right, Kakeru Ryuen?" 

Ryuen only smirked in response. Meanwhile, murmurs about this sudden change was heard throughout the theater.

"Uh... this isn't so delightful for me though," Ayanokouji raised his hand.

"Hm? And?" replied The Voice. 

Hearing this, Ayanokouji went silent and seemingly pondered something for a while. A full five minutes passed and he finally looked up, on his face was a slight scowl.

"Are you... from there?" he asked, leaving almost everyone confused.

"What do you mean, Ayanokouji-kun?" Horikita asked the question on everyone's minds, but Ayanokouji didn't answer, he simply kept looking up and waiting for an answer from The Voice.

"Hm... from there? Do you, by chance, mean the White Room?" replied The Voice. The scowl on Ayanokouji's face got ever so slightly more intense when he heard that.

Needless to say, this only made the crowd's confusion worse. They looked around to see if there's anyone among them who's familiar with the 'White Room'.

Meanwhile, Sakayanagi couldn't help but laugh, seeing the confusion on people's face. Hearing this, the ones close to her side-eyed her, clearly suspicious of what she knows.

"The White Room? What's that, Ayanokouji-kun?" this time, it was Ichinose who asked.

There was a second of silence from him, but soon after, Ayanokouji sighed and sit down. "I'm sure you'll find out at some point."

Ichinose, among many others, were confused, but respected his decisions nonetheless.

"Anyways, guess that's that. Don't forget what I said, 'kay? If I hear anyone fussing about any continuity errors... let's just say it won't be pretty," with that ominous warning, the screen finally begins to come back to life, but before it can fully do so...

"Oh, right, we'll be going back in time for a bit here. This one happens right after Horikita's study group plan failed, 'kay?" 

... the voice spoke one last time. 

Ayanokouji was seen leaving the library. 

"Where did she go?" he said to himself. He wanted to chase after Kushida to thank her for working so hard to get the study group together, and to apologize. 

Part of him also wanted to get along with a cute girl as much as possible.

"Eh? That doesn't sound like him at all," Satou chuckled.