starting over

It's been a month since I left Morgan in New York. We haven't talked at all and his tour ended two days ago. I'm nervous to see him again at work but I gotta keep it professional. A little after I came back to Tennessee, I met a nice guy named Riley. He's very sweet and always opens up every door for me. We met at a bar one night & he kindly helped me get home. Everything's been going good for me lately, hopefully it stays that way.

I wake up, get dressed and head downstairs to make myself some coffee. As the coffee is brewing, I check my phone and see a message from Riley.

R: Good Morning, beautiful. I hope you have a good day today. Can't wait to see you later :)

S: Good Morning, Ri. I can't wait to see you later either, I miss you. <3

We talk a little bit more and then I take my coffee and head out the door, and go to work.

I head into the studio and see Morgan, Michael and Seth sitting down waiting for me.

"Ah, there she is" Seth says pointing his arms out towards me.

"Bout time." Michael mumbles.

"Shut up Mike." I say as I slap the back of his bead.

"Ow!"

"I got big clients wanting to buy songs from you guys. Big names like Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Maddie and Tae, and a few others. So, I need you guys to write some killer songs as soon as possible." Seth says.

"Awesome, we'll get started right now." Michael says making Morgan and I glare at him.

"Good. I'm gonna head to my office now. Let me know if you guys need anything." He says and leaves the room.

We sit in the room for a while trying to find inspiration to write but nothing has hit us yet. Soon, lunchtime rolls around and just as I was about to go get something to eat, Riley walks in with a pizza and drinks for Morgan, Michael and I. We had been texting and I told him that the three of us were trying to write songs, he was so sweet to bring not just me, but my friends food too.

"Aw Ri. You're the sweetest." I say as I side hug him since he has his hands full.

"Anything for you darlin."

"Here let me help you." I offer but he moves so I can't grab anything.

"I got it, Smiley. You just lead the way." He says making me smile, which is why he calls me 'Smiley' All I do is smile around him.

I lead him into the studio that the three of us were in and I introduce him to Morgan and Michael.

"Who's this?" Morgan asks coldly.

"This is Riley Green, we are um, we're dating." I say looking down trying to avoid Morgan's glare.

"It's nice to meet you man." Michael says shaking his hand. "I'm Michael but you can call me Hardy or Mike and that dumbass over there is Morgan." He says pointing back behind him.

"It's nice to meet you both." Riley says, smiling. He sets the food and drinks down and we all sit down.

"So, what do you do?" Morgan asks, shifting his eyes from me to Riley.

"I'm a singer actually. I got signed with another record label." Riley says.

"You got a thing for singers, huh?" Morgan mumbles towards me.

Morgan kept asking Riley questions like it was an interrogation. Eventually Riley left and I scolded Morgan.

"What's with the third degree, asshole." I say

"You're dating again after a MONTH." He says angrily.

"We are taking it slow. Which is none of your business anyway."

"How could you leave me like that?" He asks, in a softer tone. I could tell this has been really bothering him.

"I waited. I waited for you to open the door and stop me. You let me go." I say trying not to cry.

"What?"

"I stood outside of that door hoping you would open it and ask me to stay. You di-" Before I could finish my sentence he grabbed me and kissed me.

"Stop. You can't just kiss me and expect all of this to go away. You are keeping something from me and until you tell me, we are never getting back together." I say as I walk out the door.