✩26

Despite Damin insisting it was fine for her to miss out on the trip, Mrs

Despite Damin insisting it was fine for her to miss out on the trip, Mrs. Yang wanted her to go and have fun. Ultimately, she paid for both Jungwon and Damin to go on the trip.

Even though she was grateful, Damin felt like she was a burden. Mrs. Yang had to pay for everything for her, and even buy her new things. She was only gonna be staying here until after the trip as the school provided a new dorm for her to live in. And then after that, she'd have to get a part-time job.

The teacher was doing roll calls to make sure every student was present before they got on the bus. Jungwon had planned to sit beside Damin throughout the ride there but unfortunately for him, they already had assigned seat-mates.

You can imagine the other students' disappointment when Mr. Sangwoo informed them about it.

Today must've been Jungwon's bad day as his seating partner was none other than Miyoung. He sent a help-me look to her and she just chuckled.

Damin's seatmate was Cho Minwoo. She recognized him as he was in her Chemistry class. She'd never had an actual conversation with him though.

"Hello, I'm Kang Damin," she introduced herself. "You're in my Chem class right?"

"That's me, I'm Cho Minwoo, but you can call me Amin," he replied back.

Damin had to admit she had a good time with him. He was an easygoing person and made her laugh a lot. Due to this, she didn't even look at Jungwon even once.

The poor boy kept turning his head to her whenever he heard her laugh. Miyoung didn't make his situation any better either. She kept blabbing about things he didn't know either since he was barely even paying attention.

Jungwon couldn't help but feel a little jealous when looking at the two. He's had a few classes with Amin but the two were always competing for the first place title in their whole year. Of course, Jungwon always came first.

But he still felt slightly threatened by Amin at the moment. Pouting a little, he looked away and out on his earphone to clear his mind.

They finally reached their destined location, which was the museum. The teacher announced that they stay in pair's throughout the whole trip to make things easier.

Jungwon frowned upon hearing this. He was really looking forward to spending more time with Damin but things never seemed to go his way.

Damin noticed his frowning face and waved at him. This really seemed to cheer him up because, within a second, a big smile made its way to his face.

Even though they were instructed to stay in their pairs, that didn't stop Jungwon from standing close to her, occasionally telling her something stupid and making her laugh.