When I got to our table, everyone was present except Jake. Which was a little suspicious because he never missed lunch. Shaking off my thoughts, I sat down beside Liz and faced Jacob. Jacob instantly greeted me, while Gabriana and Liz kept chattering away.

It was when I tapped Liz on the shoulder, they finally acknowledged my presence. Gabriana gave me a bright smile as I slid the burger to Liz. She seemed super excited today, which was a relief considering how weird she acted on Friday. Liz on the other hand looked annoyed at me.

"I'm not hungry" she declared, sliding the burger back to me.

The heck?!

"Ok, I didn't want to call you out infront of everyone but why the hell are you refusing to eat?" I asked a bit loudly which earned a few eyes.

Jacob and Gabriana looked shocked. As I wasn't one to cause a scene but this was about Liz's health. She had to start explaining now because I wasn't going to stand by and ignore the red flags any longer.

"What the f*ck Ash!" Liz exclaimed, as she slowly got up.

Gathering her belongings in the process. Yet I wasn't going to let her run away. She was going to tell me today.

"No Liz, you're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on!" I spoke through gritted teeth, as I softly grasped her hand.

Her eyes widened and she looked at me as if I had been possessed.

"Ash, that's enough!" Gabriana finally spoke up but I ignored her.

She could be a fake friend all she wanted but Liz was hurting and I wanted to help her.

"Let go of my hand, what the hell is wrong with you!" Liz shouted as she pulled her hand from my loose hold.

"Liz-" I began but she cut me off.

"No! Shut up! Don't say another word to me!" She spat, tossing her bag over her shoulder and storming off.

Sighing heavily, I whispered a prayer. Begging God to let the girl be ok. To let my worrying be for nothing. I was praying my intuition was wrong.

"What the hell Ash!" Gabriana spat, causing me to raise my head and look at her.

She was pissed, absolutely pissed.

"She said it was nothing! Why did you have to go and make a scene!" She continued in rage.

"You don't understand" I answered, trying to keep calm.

As Jacob just watched us with an unreadable expression.

"I don't have to, If she doesn't want to talk about why she's not eating... its none of your business" She ended, picking up her stuff and following Liz's path.

Just great, now she's mad about me being a concerned friend.

"Well that was interesting" Jackson voiced as he sat down with Jacob and I as if it was nothing.

"Bro, where the hell have you been?" Jacob asked as they did a fist bump and side hug.

"On Vacation" Jackson joked, causing me to roll my eyes and Jacob to shake his head.

After school, I waited out front for Jackson. Since Liz was mad at me I felt it was best to just take the bus to work. Jackson always took the bus so it was natural that we just take it together.

He was in a meeting with the principal that would only last about 10 minutes. So we'd still make it to our shifts early. Yet standing up for 4 minutes was already taking a toll on me so I made my way over to a vacant bench. Pulling out the Burger that Liz had refused, I munched away and let the delicious taste take over.