veritas nunquam perit

Comincia dall'inizio

(M/N) quickly handed him his phone while gazing at the man with the same adoring eyes he had all those years ago. "I'm sorry I couldn't have been there," he whispered. Toji glanced at him and raised an eyebrow. "You.. I can't believe you're gone, Toji. Or, well, will be when this.. this wears off," he said, looking down at his hands.

Toji finished putting Megumi's school into (M/N)'s phone and dropped it to his side, slowly feeling the energy in his body running out. His time was almost up, and he knew this would be his last go-around. He took (M/N)'s hand and squeezed it once again. "It'll be alright, (M/N). Trust me, by no means was I any type of saint or something," he chuckled. (M/N) pouted. "But being around you - hell, being brought back to life because of you - is something I don't regret. So don't blame yourself. And I mean hey, at least we get to say our final goodbye properly this time around."

(M/N) sadly laughed and nodded. "I suppose that's true," he replied. He looked at Toji and saw the paleness returning to his skin, the lights in his eyes slowly starting to fade. "It's time, my friend," he whispered.

Toji hummed and shut his eyes with a nod. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled something out, putting it in (M/N)'s hand and folding the young man's (S/C) fingers around it. "Mhm.. take care of Megumi, alright, kid? Make sure.. make sure you do right by him. For me. And take- take care of yourself.. too.."

"I will. Goodnight, Toji."

Toji's hand slowly relaxed in (M/N)'s until it fell completely limp, the life in his body draining out for its last and final time. (M/N) slowly pulled his hand back and opened it to see what Toji had placed inside. When he uncurled his fingers, he found a small, black chain with a hook on one end. "Huh?" (M/N) whispered. He examined it closer and gripped his hand tightly around it, noting the cursed energy he could feel flowing within it. He shrugged and put it in one of his pockets, then took his phone and checked the information Toji had typed in about Megumi. After going over it, he walked to the door and threw it open. "I got your info," he announced dryly, glaring at those that stood around him.

"Great!" Gojou said with a grin. "Now, spill, so we can go grab this kid- ow!" He yelped as (M/N) punched him in the stomach. "Hey! At least I let you say goodbye."

(M/N) scoffed and rolled his eyes. He pulled out his phone and read out the details. "There's two kids, in fact. Names are Megumi and Tsumiki Fushiguro. They're probably in school right now, so we'll have to wait until they get out. So, for now, I'm off to get something to eat," he informed them all. He turned to Gojou. "Find me when you're ready."

He marched off with a huff, playing the last few moments with Toji in his head over a few times. Gojou was about to chase after him, but the others stopped him. "I'll go make sure he's alright," Nanami said, annoying Gojou. "I think if he sees you right now, he might cause a power outage."
Gojou hated to agree with the dull-toned man, but unfortunately, he was right. He nodded, and with that, Nanami followed after (M/N). "(L/N), wait a moment."

(M/N) turned and saw him, sighing. "Nanami, don't worry about me. I apologize for what you had to witness back there - I'm not pleased that's how you had to see me after all these years, especially since we never really got to speak much before I left," he spoke, sheepishly rubbing his neck.

Nanami shook his head and waved it off. "No worries. I understand that you were faced with difficult circumstances. I was actually wondering if you'd allow me to accompany you for now. Figured you'd need someone to keep your mind off.. everything," he responded. (M/N)'s eyes went a bit wide with surprise, but he happily accepted the offer. So, the two began to walk together. "What would you like to get for lunch?"

(M/N) smiled and put his hands in his pockets, contemplating his answer. "Tonkatsu sounds really good right now, to be honest," he replied. "If that's alright with you, of course."