"Make it stop Mom" he yelled silently, making his mother chuckle. His expression were murderous as he glared at his brother who was now shaking his shoulders as he hummed. "It's been going on since last night. Make it stop" Islam added enough for his mother to hear.

"Don't be bitter Islam. His girlfriend is coming back, ofcourse he has to be happy" she whispered making Islam groan loud enough for his brother to stop humming. Iman turned around, and cocked his brows questioningly. When both his mother and brother did not say a word, he resumed humming and rinsing with an evident smile.

Islam slowly picked up the knife his mother was using to cut apples, indicating he wanted to end his life. On seeing her son carrying the knife with a miserable expression. She squeaked humorously, and grabbed the knife from her son who was already sprawled on the kitchen island mimicking a dead person.

"You're just pained no girl wants to be your girlfriend" she teased and he held his chest. He squeezed it with a pained expression wile his mother watched rolling her eyes every now and then. As he kept sliding onto the kitchen island with his eyes loosing focus, she started laughing.

A knock on the door caught her attention, with a contented smile, she shook her head at him. She was about to leave the knife with him, but on second thoughts she grabbed the knife from the island with a big smile. Islam could be rough a times and she would end up being miserable. It's better she goes with the knife. Iman wasn't humming again thankfully but he had a bright smile plastered on his face, much to Islam's frustration.

The knock on the door was persistent so Janan jogged to the door mumbling a reply. She hated it when a person would knock a hundred times in few seconds.

As she yanked the door open, ready to tell the person off, she came face to face with an extremely attractive bulgy chest. Her gaze travelled from his chest to his face. He is a very young man and he was holding a food basket. Her heart beat accelerated immediately her eyes met his. She felt goosebumps traveling from her feet up her neck. She blinked multiple times, trying to shake off the feeling but it wasn't going away.

He stood there, dumbfounded too. He was staring at her too, and he had goosebumps literally everywhere. He squeezed the basket handle, but no words would escape his mouth. He kept opening his mouth, yet nothing was coming out of it.

"Mubaraq, don't just stand there. Keep knocking until she opens up" a shrill voice called out from over the fence.

"H...h...Hy" he managed to croak out, and ofcourse Janan felt her insides twisting on hearing his voice. The last time she felt this was for Junaid, when they were way younger. After the incident and the gory divorce, Janan found men unattractive. Infact, that gender remained females in her eyes. But for today, she felt it. She was finally seeing a man in the young man she believes she's older than.

"Hy" she whispered softly, placing her head on the door frame. He was wearing a black gym wear, abd for some reason he had removed the jacket, leaving his arm muscles bare to her eyes. She on the other hand was wearing her baggy pajamas, yet in Mubaraa's eyes she looked prettier than every single female he's ever encountered.

"Mubaraq, I don't hear yha knocking. Should I come over?" The shrill voice came again and he literally winced making Janan smile.

"That's my mum" he had said softly. Janan felt her lids getting heavier, as she tried keeping a record of his voice in her head.

Janan left the door, and came outside. She saw an older woman and her older husband standing by the fence. She waved at them, and they returned the wave enthusiastically.

"The plan was for him to come alone, but his mother dragged me to the fence, so he doesn't" Mubaraq's father yelled out placing all the blame on the mother. Janan beamed at the two of them. She left the door and eased herself towards the fence where she squatted and greeted the older couple, who stared at her admiringly.