The Only One

『••✎••』Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.
_________________________________________

Chandler Alexander's P.O.V.

I watch as he was being flock around with this people who he just met.

Born assasins but this was the first time they are being treated by someone who knew what they are yet he treated them as if they are normal as if they are mundane.

"Chan! Come here" his sweet voice and laughter being carried all over the place and its as if just by his simple presence the room became lighter and brighter in a sense that i never knew was even possible.

I put aside the device on my hand and stood up, walking towards the garden where they are to see what he needs.

The others look at me as if i did something horrifying just by standing near gabriel but i chose to ignore them.

"Here look! Look its a purplish love bird isnt it so cute! Can i keep it?" He looks at me with those beautiful eyes that hunts me now even in my waking hours.

I look at the bird and then back to him "it will die when alone" walang emosyong sagot ko.

It will, lovebirds comes in pair and i was just being truthful but when the light dim in his eyes i immediately regretted my words.

"Keep it we'll buy you another one" i immediately compromise not liking the way his face fall.

The others are watching us in silence.

"Oo nga gabby lets buy another one o kung gusto mo marami sagot ko na!" Carter added trying to cheer him up.

Some of them look at me as if i committed i crime, idiots.

He humm as he stroke the head of the bird as if he was thinking "no its fine chan's right, if we buy another, it wont be the same one na kasama niya sa simula palang it would be unfair for the both of them" his voice steady yet it was as if he knows what it would have felt.

He look up and smile at me "right chan?" Tanong niya sakin which surprise me but nonetheless i nodded my head agreeing.

"Here you go buddy uwi ka na sa inyo" he loosen his hold on the bird and as his palm opened widely agad lumipad ang ibon, chirping as he flew inside tje forest.

"That was deep gabby mukhang may pinaghuhugutan ka ah" freya broke the silence that hang above the air the moment that the bird flew away.

To my genuine amusement and interest his face turns into a delicious shade of rosy pink.

"Wala no! I was just--i dont-- wha- i didn't-- freya stop teasing me ikaw ha bumabawi ka!" He puff his cheeks while giving me and embarassed glance as if telling me to not believe freya.

Ofcourse i wont, if he said it then i will.

Laughter errupted from them all as they all start teasing gabriel.

I watch from the sideline as he stood there having fun as he tease and answer them all back with such elegance and brightness.

Our eyes met and i nod my head when he beamingly smile at me as if telling me how much he's having fun.

Im glad.

Once they got engross to their conversation i decided to back away and head back inside to continue my work.
_________________________________________